Close encounters

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez limpalot that's not good but better than what could have been. I struggle with fatigue after parking up and I'm certain it's because I'm always watching the traffic around me and the road ahead or just the road ahead when I'm away from traffic. Glad to hear everyone is safe the roads are a nightmare some days no matter what your driving.

Yep get it all the time with a 3 Ton Caravan in tow , cars getting so close or cutting me off leaving me with a semi heart attack...
They don't understand you cant just slam on the brakes and stop it's frightening when you've got your hole family in the car and some idiot can end it all for you.

Sorry mate but towing a van and expecting people to do the right thing is completely different to people running trucks for a living. I dont drive a truck but have mates that do and theres nothing worse than when your on a deadline to be held up by people who arent in any hurry to get anywhere and dont care about anyone else who may be.

I drove trucks for a while and being in a hurry is no excuse for killing someone, The rules are simple, If you are in a hurry to get there on time Then Leave earlier, Driving Trucks does not allow a person any special rights and every other road user has the exact same rights, A few years back some Idiot killed 3 members of my family and left one brain damaged.

When you take a life it is still Murder whether you use a gun or a truck or a car.

Um I think I conveyed the wrong message.and yes I understand as 30 years ago both my grandparents were killed by a truck that ran a red light so yes I do understand. My point being theres a lot of people on the road now towing without any experience whatsoever. And also plenty who have experience who arent in any hurry to get anywhere and dont give a shit about who get stuck behind them even though theres opportunity to pull over and let others pass. Consideration to others goes both ways.

Been there RR. Sorry for your loss. 8.(
....Mine... 3 Cars involved and only Missus and I survived... If I didn't pull off to the left a B-Double would have cleaned us up too... I think about it every day... And that was 17yrs ago... :brokenh: 8.( Very hard to go back there now...

LW....

Bjay said:
Um I think I conveyed the wrong message.and yes I understand as 30 years ago both my grandparents were killed by a truck that ran a red light so yes I do understand. My point being theres a lot of people on the road now towing without any experience whatsoever. And also plenty who have experience who arent in any hurry to get anywhere and dont give a shite about who get stuck behind them even though theres opportunity to pull over and let others pass. Consideration to others goes both ways.

When ever I tow anything I always leave early and stick to 80ks or the speed limit and if anyone is behind me I give them many chances to pass and always leave plenty of room between me and what ever is in front of me, and I always drive about 10ks under the speed limit,

You would be shocked to see how many people Tow cars on trailers when driving something small like a people carrier or a wagon when legally they are more than double the GVW of their gross combination mass. Just because a Car can move it does not mean it can Tow it, :Y:

John.

Latest posts