Check out my new Ranger, shes a beaut !!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the Ranger come with the ranger girl on the add.
Or is that an optional extra?

jethro said:
They fellow 4wd enthusiasts have a read of this before you go loading up your jap duelcabs with long range tanks etc.
http://www.4x4australia.com.au/drive/1504/bent-utes/
It was posted on another forum today. I just thought it was worth a mention as plenty of us load up with gear to go bush.

I've heard of similar things happening with Prados, extra battery and a heavy duty winch on corrugated roads can break the firewall. The post you linked to Jethro, exactly that happened to my mates dad with a camper setup on a duel cab....... Had to get the whole thing repaired and reinforced.

Yep had a GU 4.2 litre diesel ute a few years back and they were notorious for chassis cracks behind the shocker tower. Many a GU would limp out of the desert or bush.
I reinforced/laminated and gusseted my chassis and never had a problem.
Most of these issues are caused by over laden vehicles and uneven weight distribution. My mate owned Mt Dare and did many such recoveries.
If you know a bit about off road travel and vehicles and are careful and prepared, then issues such as described in this article by Jethro are avoidable.
Keep it light, keep it safe.
GT

Nice truck GT, a mate has one and he loves it, more importantly his missus does too. A thing to check regarding the bent chassis post is whether you need a factory towbar to keep your warranty in these situations as it appears that some manufacturers are rejecting warranty claims if an aftermarket one is fitted.
Jon

goldtruck59 said:
Yep had a GU 4.2 litre diesel ute a few years back and they were notorious for chassis cracks behind the shocker tower. Many a GU would limp out of the desert or bush.
I reinforced/laminated and gusseted my chassis and never had a problem.
Most of these issues are caused by over laden vehicles and uneven weight distribution. My mate owned Mt Dare and did many such recoveries.
If you know a bit about off road travel and vehicles and are careful and prepared, then issues such as described in this article by Jethro are avoidable.
Keep it light, keep it safe.
GT

Cool ride you have there GT. Seems she's in a good hands as you know to look after your gear! Some hilariously overloaded 4x4's getting about outback for sure.

blisters said:
Nice truck GT, a mate has one and he loves it, more importantly his missus does too. A thing to check regarding the bent chassis post is whether you need a factory towbar to keep your warranty in these situations as it appears that some manufacturers are rejecting warranty claims if an aftermarket one is fitted.
Jon

Its got a factory tow bar Jon so all good mate!

Latest posts