Check out my new Ranger, shes a beaut !!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1433998755_ranger_1.jpg

Gidday all
This is my new Ranger, bush ready. I am going to make a custom gullwing back for it soon. I tested it out over the long weekend and was wrapt the way it performed off road. Gave it a bit of stick up around Mt Moliagul in between waving the detector.
I couldn't recommend them any higher. Me and my son fitted all the accessories ( my son did most of it !!)
I was always a Toyota man until now.
Gonna run it in with a trip to WA in a few weeks , looking forward to it.
Very happy vegemite. :) :D :lol:
GT

goldtruck59 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1033/1433998755_ranger_1.jpg

Gidday all
This is my new Ranger, bush ready. I am going to make a custom gullwing back for it soon. I tested it out over the long weekend and was wrapt the way it performed off road. Gave it a bit of stick up around Mt Moliagul in between waving the detector.
I couldn't recommend them any higher. Me and my son fitted all the accessories ( my son did most of it !!)
GT
Very nice, well done. That should get you through any mountain goat country. :)

Niiiiice, I like the Rangers, being a Ford man. If I ever sell my Prado I might buy a Ranger, it was a toss up between the 2 when I bought my Prado, seems like the Ranger series is only becoming more popular each year, hope it serves you well.

Looks great. The new Rangers are supposed to be very capable off road, and certainly look the part. I have a Isuzu D-Max, which has done a lot of K's in the last 4 years, and I have been very happy with it. Might put a tray rather than the tub on it next year. Interested to know how you go with the tyres, once you have a few K's on the meter.

Thanks Fellas

Yeah she goes really well. I am surprised at how well on and off road. It is very solid and positive.
The tyres are MTZ 285/70 R17. I have used them for years and usually get 60-70K out of them. The start getting a bit noisier at about 25K
I only get them cause they look grouse LOL.
I will put a bigger exhaust on her soon but for now no Chip, I don't reckon it needs one.
Ive done the GVM upgrade to 3800KG so I can look at bigger vans if I decide so.
Cheers
GT

goldtruck59 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1033/1433998755_ranger_1.jpg

Gidday all
GT

Mate nice truck, good on you. There is nothing like driving a new rig.

You can excuse the fact you don't have the 7000 now. Money well spent, more gold to dig.

Yer nice rig mate :eek: , done well ,I'm a Toyota man but must say I don't mind the ranger . Also run the mickeys can't fault them . Happy travels I'm sure it will serve you well mate

Especially love those tyres goldtruck, they look seriously mean. Enjoy the trip to WA.

Goldhawk said:
Yer nice rig mate :eek: , done well ,I'm a Toyota man but must say I don't mind the ranger . Also run the mickeys can't fault them . Happy travels I'm sure it will serve you well mate

Yeah me too mate Ive had a 60, 80,100,200, 79 cruisers and a Hi Lux and a Prado 150 series over the journey.
I never thought I would change from Toyotas , but wow what a car the ranger is.

Definitely cant afford a 7000 now that's for sure.

Cheers guys and thanks.
GT

SCROUNGER said:
Especially love those tyres goldtruck, they look seriously mean. Enjoy the trip to WA.

Yes mate they are mean Mo tyres that's for sure LOL The trip to WA is business but I will be packing the 5000 and spending 3-4 days around Kal and Kanowna for a look see.
Anyone got any tips?
Cheers
GT

nice bit of kit you got yourself mate, i cant wait to get my 4x4 back on the road again, you should celebrate your new truck by kicking back with a nice cold bud light! lol

Congrats Goldtarget, she looks great and you'll get years of pleasure out of it.
I like the Rangers and would seriously get one if I was looking to upgrade.
Well done.

ProspectorPete said:
Congrats Goldtarget, she looks great and you'll get years of pleasure out of it.
I like the Rangers and would seriously get one if I was looking to upgrade.
Well done.

Cheers Pete thanks Mate
I am now a convert to the Ranger its such a solid car so far- touch wood.

Nice Rig GT,

At work we have late model Prados (2013 models), 14 of them, all getting near 400,000 kms, super reliable but way overpriced.

I drove a Ranger hire car we had for a while. I thought it felt better to drive, more power and better interior than my Trition by a fair way.

Ranger in my opinion is better than the Pajero hire cars we get from time to time. We have a new Holden Colorado dual cab as well that just does not feel like a new car, it would be the last on my shopping list.

If money was no option I would get a Ranger for sure. You are a lucky man GT.

RS

A great looking GoldTruck. If I didn't have my Prado (great vehicle) I would be looking at one of these. Hope you do well with your couple of days near Kal on the way back. Let us know how the trip and the detecting goes, including mileage, how she handles the long haul, etc....

Rob.

Cheers Meta and Pablo. I put a long range tank on it so I will be hoping that I get good mileage and range. It holds a bit over 140 litres.
I wouldnt have a clue where to go in Kal but will grab a few maps and have a swing anyway. :)

Latest posts