Caught in the act by Google Maps

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdv

Martin
Reaction score
Google Maps has recently updated its satellite imagery of the area that includes the gold bearing creek on our family property. When I zoomed in on one part of the creek I was quite surprised to see that Google Maps had captured this image while I was there in the creek, since my car is clearly visible parked in the paddock. Big Brother is watching us!

1435052286_google_got_me.png

And the time on your wristwatch, if you have it facing the correct way for them,.... And that was their ability 40 years ago,.... What visibility resolution would they currently be able to acheive ? ;)

Haha yeah that's bad luck. My father got caught on camera with his finger up his nose while taking out the wheelie. Lucky he was taken out of the footage later on.

Military Photographic resolution is mostly classified info, however go back to Desert Storm, the ordinance delivered was happy to take out the whole building, they picked the window of the building they wanted to hit. (public knowledge)

I would hazard to guess that if you were reading a newspaper and someone was watching, they would know what you were reading.

The main thing that hinders long range optics is cloud and pollution.

I'd be more concerned about the CCT cameras that are everywhere in most capital cities, not to mention every bugger with a smart phone.

We could all be Youtube stars and not know it, lol

nuggetino said:
When I first started reading your post I thought google earth had captured footage of someone trespassing on your family property.

Yes. That's what I thought as well. So then you'd need a military satellite so you can read the trespassers' regos. Lol!
:lol:

Sorry Nuggetino and Gedanate if you had misinterpreted my post. I just thought it somewhat coincidental that Google Maps would capture me prospecting in their satellite imagery update that happens only once every couple of years.

To be honest, I have not ever seen any evidence of prospectors trespassing on our property - there is not enough gold in the creek to motivate anyone other than stupid me.

For Bazza2210, there must be a thing with South Coast Google Streetview - the streetview imagery of one particular street in Lake Tabourie shows my wife driving up the street. Streetview follows her car all the way to the T-intersection at the end of the street - "stalked by Google"?

the police have a very good version they use ..was told by my stepson.. sergeant police.. you are being watched.. :(

One of my daughters goes to the ANU in Canberra, and recently found her pic on Google Streetview on campus. She had seen the car drive by, and had a look to see if her pic made it to the online version.

mdv said:
Sorry Nuggetino and Gedanate if you had misinterpreted my post. I just thought it somewhat coincidental that Google Maps would capture me prospecting in their satellite imagery update that happens only once every couple of years.

To be honest, I have not ever seen any evidence of prospectors trespassing on our property - there is not enough gold in the creek to motivate anyone other than stupid me.

For Bazza2210, there must be a thing with South Coast Google Streetview - the streetview imagery of one particular street in Lake Tabourie shows my wife driving up the street. Streetview follows her car all the way to the T-intersection at the end of the street - "stalked by Google"?

Latest posts