Buying mine land

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do I need to look for when buying a land that potentially or has had in the past gold silver etc :|

That nice flat area that used to be a cyanide leaching pond would not make a good veggie patch :playful: most modern alluvial operations are pretty clean though.

I've got 400 acres of gold bearing land in East Gippsland if anyone is interested. Used to be good dredging back in the days when it was legal. Will sell it for council valuation.

My name is Iti is Gilbert I am an entrepreneur looking to buy a mining business that was a mining site back in 1900. There is a lot of information and test by industry experts that have been carried out but I am looking for more information so I can make sense of it and so I can understand the risks and benefits

If'n it were worth doin the rich'd a done it by now ya can be sure !
:cloudy:
:poop:
:fire:

Itigilbert said:
My name is Iti is Gilbert I am an entrepreneur looking to buy a mining business that was a mining site back in 1900. There is a lot of information and test by industry experts that have been carried out but I am looking for more information so I can make sense of it and so I can understand the risks and benefits

I would say spend a year or two with a few forum members detecting & panning get to know the land and obtain as much knowledge as you can about prospecting.
At the end of the day there ain't no such thing as a get rich quick thing and its easier to spend it and loose it than make it so to speak...
Better off getting a Tatts System 25 Ticket :(

Itigilbert said:
If you can't make sense of the information provided by the "industry experts" then I would consider contracting a Mine Consultant (Mine Geologist, Mining Engineer) to help you understand it & look at the feasibility of that mine as a producing mine + ongoing profitable business. With mining there are many risks (financial, health/safety, environment, community etc.) which can in a lot of cases outweigh the benefits.
IMO seeking professional advice is the best way forward rather than advice off a forum.
Everyone will post advice with good intentions but will usually lead with the heart & not the head. Without knowing the information on the mine it would be very hard for anyone here to offer any sort of informed advice on it.

Whats your 400acres worth reg or your price your after cheers Muk.

Itigilbert said:
What do I need to look for when buying a land that potentially or has had in the past gold silver etc :|

Records from the mines dpt would help then check out Earth Resources after that start putting a list together for equipment based on the findings of records research and Earth resources requirements. Once your over that hurdle you should start to have an idea of what you need to invest in equipment, licences and land if you can afford it. And then you need to convince and gain favour of the locals, after all of the above and the issues and politics that come with it you should be good to go.

Be a bugga to buy land only to find that some big company already had the mineral rights over it... :eek:

Reg Wilson said:
I've got 400 acres of gold bearing land in East Gippsland if anyone is interested. Used to be good dredging back in the days when it was legal. Will sell it for council valuation.

Ive got a lightly used GM 1000 if youre interested in a swap. :lol:

Just kidding of course. I am curious to know which creek its on though. East Gippsland is a big area!

TheMediocritist, the block is on the Cobon creek which flows east from the Misery spur range into the Combienbar river which is the main tributary of the Bemm river. The Cobon road passes through the property and provides access. The Stagg and Olsen mine is in the Combienbar valley and has an interesting history. Worth looking up.

Sorry OP for going off-topic...

Reg Wilson said:
....in the Combienbar valley and has an interesting history. Worth looking up.

Lovely bit of country up there. Some of the locals were a bit rough though... but thats going back a few years. I did a lot of reading about gold around Combienbar, years back. Id come across extensive alluvial workings while swinging a rakehoe around the Boulder Creek fire in 2007 (?), which got me curious. There was very little on record about that area, but at the time, complete plans were available on line for most of the Combienbar mines.

And a few years earlier and a little further west we pushed a secret road in above the greenie camp/blockade. I spent time off-siding the D7 (only time I ever cut a log with a diameter bigger than I am tall), but wasnt there on the day the dozer driver allegedly pulled up all in a hurry, jumped out swearing, and pulled a palm sized nugget from in front of the blade.

Ill read up on the Stagg & Olsen and keep saving until I can make you a better offer for that land. :)

Latest posts