Buying gold and concentrates/paydirt

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are a great present. Wouldn't buy for myself but as a gift i think its not a bad idea, as a novelty idea to someone who 'has everything' (and an interest in gold), or if you are into gold prospecting then it has a slight personal touch as a gift to someone too. I haven't seen many packets on the market but the golden spear in our area are packaged in a really well presented way that also appeal as a present rather than a zip lock bag for example. And hey if you don't have access to gold and want to get your fix for the fever and have the coin then why not!

Hey Stru, yeah I have given a few packs of the Golden Spear Mine pay dirt to friends as presents.
Very well presented and with good gold content.
Also produced by an active PA member.
1572148070_golden_spear.jpg

Friends really loved trying to pan it (as did I).
Will buy some more when back in stock, as have some more friends who are interested.

Hi Dihusky,i would give the :Y: to armfest at sapphire for a bag of wash as well,bought 2 as gifts and 1 for myself,what the 2 young fellows and i got out of the bags suprised me,nothing large but quite a few cutters,1 young fellow found a 6 ct star.

BigWave said:
Hey Stru, yeah I have given a few packs of the Golden Spear Mine pay dirt to friends as presents.
Very well presented and with good gold content.
Also produced by an active PA member.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6786/1572148070_golden_spear.jpg
Friends really loved trying to pan it (as did I).
Will buy some more when back in stock, as have some more friends who are interested.
same here BigWave that heavy tin gives you a good work out with the pan ,will get more for presents this year, if any in stock :Y: :beer:

I'd like to make a suggestion.

You guys are getting 5-10 hours out of these packs.
Seems like cheap entertainment to me regardless of the end result.

I've bought paydirt from Aussie Bloke Prospector and while it is seeded there is a good amount of gold for the cost of the small bag.

You can never break even on paydirt...otherwuise the blokes doing it would go broke.

It is however a good lerk if you can be bothered. If you seed one gram of gold (say spot price of $50gram) into a 300gm back of dirt and you sell it for $75 then it is a nice way to make a little profit. But...you gotta have enough gold and or gem stones to make people want to buy it.

Gpx5000 said:
The way I see it is; people are too lazy to go and dig their own paydirt, so they buy a bag from someone they don't even know, or know where the dirt has come from....then have the cheek to "WHINGE" about the amount/lack of gold in it. So;
1: get off your lazy ass and go dig your own dirt.
2: buy it, take the chance of very little/no gold.
3: stop BLAMING everyone else for your laziness.

Geez!
Sorry, rant over.
Mate i bought it to raise money at the nafpa auction
Its something id not normally buy ,but had me intrigued
Id rather have my head down an bum up digging around the turon or Mitchell creek
So facts first before you call someone lazy good sir

Capertee gold said:
magneticsand said:
I'd like to make a suggestion.

You guys are getting 5-10 hours out of these packs.
Seems like cheap entertainment to me regardless of the end result.
I guess if you look at it like that then ???

Do you want a guaranteed or minimum?
I'll gladly sell you $5 gold in a $45 packet all day long.

Latest posts