Buying A GPX5000 (very excited!)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMac77

Pete
Reaction score
Hi all,

With Xmas over for another year I'm now in the market to buy my GPX5000 :party: :party: . I'll be going to Miners Den Bendigo on Friday to purchase it plus a few other basic items required. We might even stay the weekend and go out and give it a try around Bendigo, Inglewood then Wedderburn before heading home. I'm so excited and can't wait to get out in the bush and give it a Crack.

Cheers,
Pete.

Kool! I would be too!
It will drive you nuts at first! But be patient.
Sophisticated bit of a weapon!
Get to know the menu options inside out.
Some things wont make any sense at first.
All in time
Same As the instuction book is much the same.
Good luck! Much better chance with it than others!
:perfect:

All good mate but go home and muck around with it(link up with someone on forum) and then go back for a days tuition (should offer 4 free) later on because you'll have questions for them , ive got some setting for u but i,l lhave find them im back and forth from loxton( 2home) and station on the other side of hay all the time. its all about getting the machine running quite without lossing depth and sensitivity i sold mine no very long ago, i run a 7000 ,2300 3030 enjoy and welcome to this passion FLATLANDER

mudgee hunter said:
Kool! I would be too!
It will drive you nuts at first! But be patient.
Sophisticated bit of a weapon!
Get to know the menu options inside out.
Some things wont make any sense at first.
All in time
Same As the instuction book is much the same.
Good luck! Much better chance with it than others!
:perfect:

Thanks MH.

Flatlander said:
All good mate but go home and muck around with it(link up with someone on forum) and then go back for a days tuition (should offer 4 free) later on because you'll have questions for them , ive got some setting for u but i,l lhave find them im back and forth from loxton( 2home) and station on the other side of hay all the time. its all about getting the machine running quite without lossing depth and sensitivity i sold mine no very long ago, i run a 7000 ,2300 3030 enjoy and welcome to this passion FLATLANDER

Thanks Flatlander,
I' ll do the training with them around March at this stage so by then I reckon I'll have plenty to ask them but should have learned a bit also which will be good. I'll be keen to catch up with some people on the forum and have some fun detecting with them for sure. Certainly learning how to run the detector in different soil types will be a big challenge as well as leaning the geology side of things and what to look for, but I'm up for the challenge.

Cheers,
Pmac77.

Ive recently purchased a 5000 and yeah its a lot more complex than all the others, time on the ground will get it sorted.
Im not getting time on the ground at the moment but the weather will turn and the future will brighten!
Matt T

Ship of fools said:
Ive recently purchased a 5000 and yeah its a lot more complex than all the others, time on the ground will get it sorted.
Im not getting time on the ground at the moment but the weather will turn and the future will brighten!
Matt T

Picked up the machine yesterday, and looking to have a play tomorrow depending on the weather 46 degrees here at the minute. We're heading to Wedderburn VIC on the weekend to test it out for real, to say the least I'm in for a learning experience. :Y:

Good on you PMac77, the 5000 is a great machine, just be patient and take your time and you'll soon work it out. Once you find your first bit it will all come together.

Bullwinkle said:
Good on you PMac77, the 5000 is a great machine, just be patient and take your time and you'll soon work it out. Once you find your first bit it will all come together.

Cheers Bullwinkle,

Redfin said:
Nothing wrong with factory presets, or the 11" commander coil.

Cheers Redfin I'll give that a go for a while until I learn the machine, it came with the 15x12 mono as well so i'll try that once I have a bit more experience. We have also had a slight change in plan we're going to a family members property in Inglewood so I'll see how we go. :D

Latest posts