Bob's 'rock n roller'

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_1015_zps45e484c3.jpg
IMG_1014_zpsd9913d9e.jpg

Bob's rock mover for use at Oallen. He chains it to the ute & pulls it along loosening the stones. Has an operator on the machine to keep it steady. Not me I might add :rolleyes:

ranma

Thats amazing piece of invention (big rake) Franma, we were talking about just that with Bob and how much easier it would be if he had it with him.

Next time Joe. He said if he knew you were all out there he would have taken it with him :)

ranma

Looks like something out of the horse and plough days, it'd be a beast to hang onto, need a 4wd in low range 1st, could hook it up to a 4wd winch, might be a bit slow :D , I know a bloke up home way who is a mad inventor of gold digging and processing machinery. :) Mick

I reckon a harness on the little fella in the top photo and dangle a big juicy steak in front of nose :D
Awesome bit of kit.
Cheers
Brad.

I haven't seen it used so I can't vouch for it but Bob & his old mate have used it before & he reckons it works. :rolleyes: To me it looks like it would just skim over the top because you wouldn't be able to put enough weight on it to keep in in the ground. Only time will tell. You'll all have to have a try next time.

cheers
ranma :)

Ok so I'm new to all this and need a explanation. What is it supposed to do and why?

Great little invention Fran, could have got a better looking model though :).
It's for loosening up the rocks and raking a few of the big ones out the way Greg. Makes shoveling the gravel bars easier once there loosened up.

DD

they pull it behind the ute Greg one drives one steers the gadget. I haven't seen it but Bob reckons it works. As DD says it loosens the dirt & moves the bigger rocks making it easier to shovel on to the machine . He uses it at Oallen where the rocks are plentiful. Yes DD I should have got a younger model :lol:

ranma :)

Latest posts