Beaufort and surrounds information + questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries timau. I'll be having a swing with the misses around hard hills and sailors gully lead on Monday. I probably won't see ya coming with that camo coil haha.
Thanks kman, appreciate the info. Hopefully I can snag some yella!
Lucky you didn't chewy coz were going there tonight haha. That could have been awkward haha. Heading out for a swing on Monday mate.

Good luck Walshie,

Kman has given you some good advice and that 4500 o yours should pick up some nice yella for ya.

Thanks fellas. Hopefully I'll have some pics for the show n tell thread Monday night. Who knows, I may even crack the gram mark if there's some left in the heaps for me haha

Just had a look at geovic on the computer. Looks like sailors gully lead is no longer in the state forest. It looks to be in cleared land which normally means paddocks owned by someone. It looks like the hard hills lead starts in paddocks as well however it wraps around to the west and enters the state forest. I'm gonna have a squiz on the way in this arvo and get an idea of where I'm gonna go tomora

Just pulled my map out for you.yes that is right half paddock then hits the state forest and branches west and north.I think the tourist info centre is open today. see if you can pick up a jack Lange map to navigate u through a bit.I think the southern part of that park is my favourite anyhow.once you see the geology in there u can easily plot your course in there.

You mean a Doug Stone map Kman?? :D

Walshie, the northern tip of Sailors gully is still in the state forest I reckon and where me and Kman hit was where it joins the hard hills lead. Sailors gully was said to be shallow and rewarded handsomely for those digging there.

I went in there for a quick look on the way in. Couldn't believe how close it is to the main road there. Talk about easy access. Keen to get out for a look tomorrow.
Where the sailors gully lead turns into hard hills is in thr middle of a paddock according to geovic. Were you guys near the fence line on the edge of the state forest?

1433662796__img_000000_000000.jpg

The green line below the intersection is the sailors gully lead and it turns into hard hills lead above the intersection. I realize geovic may not be spot on however it looks like its in the paddocks just outside the state forest?

Head down Beaufort- Carngham Rd till you get to the end of the State forest on the Right just before the fence line is Collins Lane turn in here all the forest on the right is Hard Hills Lead.

1433664640_hard_hills_lead.png

cheers db

walshie1000 said:
I went in there for a quick look on the way in. Couldn't believe how close it is to the main road there. Talk about easy access. Keen to get out for a look tomorrow.
Where the sailors gully lead turns into hard hills is in thr middle of a paddock according to geovic. Were you guys near the fence line on the edge of the state forest?
Quick answer.yes. :D

Absolute champions. Gonna have a squiz all along there tomora. And if I get time, gonna head in a little further for a look if the track isn't too bad. Ended up coming in the misses i30.
I'm gonna have a crack with the 8" around the heaps and if I get time to check out some of the hillsides I'll throw the 14 on.
Thanks guys

Hey Walshie, what time you heading out tomorrow? I'm headed to Beaufort il swing by your area first up, it's near where I left off last time I was there a few weeks ago. Not sure how far in youl get in an i30 though, there are a few big holes and some pretty steep rocky hills further into the scrub.

I'll be out there by 9:30. Gonna start off down the bottom off Collins somewhere. Towards the south end of hard hills lead. I drove all the way down Collins before and got to an intersection with a driveway however the track straight ahead looked to get a bit hairy for the i30. I'll probably just hang around down the bottom n see how I go. If ya see the i30 parked up we won't be too far mate. Come say gday

Not sure what time I'm heading thru that way, but going thru there on the way home tomoz. I'll keep an eye out for ya. Might have a quick swing as I don't have to be back until tea time...or I'll get grounded. Lol

Latest posts