Beaufort and surrounds information + questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No luck today fellas. Dug a heap of fuggets. I was a little bit limited as to how far I could head into the bush in the i30. Had a sniff around some of the heaps on hard hills and also had a look around some of the hillsides in another spot.
Bumped into timau first thing and had a chat, hopefully he did better than me!
Also bumped into chewy out there as well. Hope ya snagged your first bit before your long drive home mate.
Thanks to everyone for the information as well. Really appreciate it.

Bummer Walshie!

I reckon an SDC would work wonders over there. My dry blower picked up bits that I have seen an SDC pick up...plenty of fine stuff left in those mullock heaps.

I reckon a planned PA meet up over there would unearth some real nice colour

Good to meet ya Walshie. I ended up doing a $h!tload of walking for a belt buckle and some lead shot until I finaly got one near the end of the day.
Guessing it's about half a gram, will post up a pic later on.

walshie1000 said:
No luck today fellas. Dug a heap of fuggets. I was a little bit limited as to how far I could head into the bush in the i30. Had a sniff around some of the heaps on hard hills and also had a look around some of the hillsides in another spot.
Bumped into timau first thing and had a chat, hopefully he did better than me!
Also bumped into chewy out there as well. Hope ya snagged your first bit before your long drive home mate.
Thanks to everyone for the information as well. Really appreciate it.
Oh that sux Walshie. I got nothing but crap to. My god there is some junk out there. Managed to slice open my thumb removing 5hit from my magnet. Then it pi55ed down and blew me around, from about Hamilton on to the border. So bit of a craptacular day for me. Although it was good to catch up with you Walshie and finally be able to put a face to the name. I think MJB could be onto something. I reckon we do a PA meet there and take revenge on the stingey joint by relieving it of all it's gold. I ended up down the back where you came from when we met. Run the coil over the wall of a big digging and got a couple of signals. Got the pinpointer out and I located them but very crumbly wall and stuff was falling off as I probed it. Caught some in the scoop but no joy, and it was about 2 SA time so had to make a move and get on the road. Bummer! I really hoped I would be off the mark this time. 8.(

Still had a great time kman. Was good to meet timau and chewy as well. Haha there was no shortage of junk in there chewy. Keep at it mate. You'll get that first piece and it will all be worth it.
A meet out there or anywhere for that matter would be awesome. Can't wait to get out for another swing.

Chewy...I would be heading back to that digging soon and finding those targets mate. Congrats TimAu...can't wait to see the goods

Thanks guys. 0.45g

1433761868_p6081192crp2.jpg

1433761869_p6081194crp2.jpg

Thanks Chewy (edit: and MJB), yep that was with the 14" Elite. Have to take it back today :(
Will see if I can resist buying one before I demo a NF.