Beach tonight

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May the silver gods, smile upon you :) Speaking of Silver, he has been really quiet of late.

Well it didn't go to plan, found ring pulls, bottle caps, a sinker and a pair of scissors, had heaps of falsing problems and then realised after I got too annoyed to continue that the batteries were just about flat, such is life :/

Typical of the Infinium, still gives a few positive beeps on startup indicating batteries are ok, then without warning it starts to false as the battery levels suddenly fall away, probably more so with rechargeables than normal ones . I used to think it was EMI when I first used mine, though only needs one or two dodgy AA's out of the eight to make things go haywire.

Better luck next time I guess, and with a set of backup batteries. ;)

Yeah that what annoys me about the infinium too, 4 beeps on start up then plays up without real warning, I normally do carry spare batteries but I didn't tonight, just wanted to get out and go, always next time

Happened to me today. Got out there. Problem. Detector made a weird noise. Thought it was toast or had a mechanical issue. New batteries in, perfecto

yeah i find mine will play up here and there on start up if the batteries are suspect, like it will shut off when i switch from slow to fast for ground balance, then switch it to off then back on and it is fine until batteries are too low for stable running

Yesterday mine made a fuzzy stalling noise when turned on. First time replacing batteries you see so i hadnt encountered this noise before. Big relief it was only the batteries. Thought id got water in the electrics

yeah i always panic at first thinking i have broken mine, then it is ok i need new batteries or i need to move the pin pointer away from the coil, always something silly like that

You should check out the beach next to the pools in Wollongong, you know the beach next to North Gong beach that has the rock pools there?

funny you say that was thinking about going out tonight for a detect and was contemplating one of the Wollongong beaches, i go to south gong beach a lot, so was thinking i should do one i havent in a while

You would be surprised what you can find stone wise there too, if you're into that. But I've heard of people finding old pieces of war stuff there in the past.

i have found a few bullets and spent bullet shells on south beach, when it comes to rocks i wouldn't know what i am looking for, i am hopeless like that lol

Latest posts