Bathurst 1000

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't get to see it ....
As usual work gets in the way...
Will try to listen on the wireless...

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Im sitting at my computer right now listening to them live going around the track. When I was younger going up to the mount for the races with the mates was a must, nowadays Ive lost interest in it. To me its no longer a production car race like it used to be, they are now race cars built from the ground up, and what really pisses me off is when people refer to them as commodores and falcons, how wrong they are. :)

RIP Brocky

Go the Holdens, winner of more Bathursts than any other marque combined. Go Team Red! :D

What's the story of 2015 being Ford's swansong?

RadioGuru said:
Go the Holdens, winner of more Bathursts than any other marque combined. Go Team Red! :D

What's the story of 2015 being Ford's swansong?

they probably want to pull out before the series dies altogether

if it wasnt for bathurst it would be pretty boring

Love motor racing,

Can't wait to see Roger Penske teamed up with Dick Johnson and putting Ambrose back behind the wheel of a V8. Let's hope Greg Murphy continues next year and the boys renew their love affair.

I enjoyed watching Ambrose racing Nascar but it's nice to see him back home.
For those that don't know, Ambrose has a love affair for gold prospecting too. If your lucky you just might see him around the bush having a scratch.

Sigh the best days are behind us, the early 2000s was the last time I really enjoyed it. Hope its a ripper for those watching.

I'm a big fan of Ambrose, you might say. Lol

1412972675_image.jpg

This was a snippet from an article about foreign drivers attempting to break into Nascar.

Most that tried have failed and failed big. If anyone remembers Dick Johnson tried in his day, but he too failed.

Ambrose after only his second season was voted the 12th most popular Nascar driver, this is a small part of the mentioned article:

Ambrose is now 33 and has won the 2008 and 2009 NASCAR Nationwide races at Watkins Glen and finished seven times in the top 10 in his first full Sprint Cup season. For that, he earned $4,187,040. Hes the real deal, says Dick Berggren, pit reporter for Foxs TV coverage of NASCAR. He is the only new driver able to step in and seemingly master the Car of Tomorrow. Keep an eye on him.

I can't wait to see him racing V8s next year, with American interest and Penske Racing jumping on board. V8s has the potential to become massive. Really Massive. Watch this space.

Latest posts