Back Yard Mining

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of if you have time, knock one of these bad boys up, puddling tub and sluice, the tub also tips up to empty the concentrates once you have broken down all the clays ;)
1425553257_image.jpg

That's a handy bit of gear dwt, I'll definitely use your idea :)

No time to make anything today though and I'm off for the weekend. Will be trying to get most of it done today or at least get it soaking.

Go for it dunollyman, you would have to benmad not to give it a go mate.
Best of luck :D
Cheers Steve

dwt said:
Of if you have time, knock one of these bad boys up, puddling tub and sluice, the tub also tips up to empty the concentrates once you have broken down all the clays ;)
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/428/1425553257_image.jpg

That looks pretty good. I find clay is just so hard to process in any quantity, even when it has been soaked for days. Can you explain the bar in the middle -- is it a plunger/stirrer or what -- and how does the water go through the pipe and exit to the bucket?

Imadogman said:
dwt said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/428/1425553257_image.jpg

That looks pretty good. I find clay is just so hard to process in any quantity, even when it has been soaked for days. Can you explain the bar in the middle -- is it a plunger/stirrer or what -- and how does the water go through the pipe and exit to the bucket?
Forgive the extremely late response guys, the bar in the centre of the tub is a cross shaped tube, 25mm in diameter, it has a series of holes drilled in it and you basically lift it up and down in a cork screw style to mash up the clays, it works extremely well if you leave fine gravels in the base of the tub, this seems to assist in helping break down the clays, I usually just stick my hand into remove over size rocks, the amount of water flowing through the pipe (handle) is enough to keep water above the riffles and expanded mesh (on top of moss), on top of that the tub tips up to allow for easy cleaning out of the left over heavies, ;)

I'm intrigued, what happened with wintersnake and this story.

Did he strike it rich and is keeping his secret?

I know wintersnake and I've been to his place and I have seen his efforts .
It's not a prospect worth pursuing.
But he's ok with that.
Cheers Steve :)

Latest posts