Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the duck said:
It was his set, he won in in the press match in 1888, this was a shooting match for newspapers only as part of the championships, one contestant per paper if you have a look its his name on the top of the box

http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ianmac/lambie.html

Oh that's very cool. Not just a lovely set of cutlery but it has an awesome place in our history. Nice one duck.

Sorryg guys, posted the questionin the wrong thread, lack of sleep is to blame!

Which two mines in South Australia were thought to have supplied uranium ore to the UK, for the development of the british atomic weapons tested in Australia, and where are they located?

As a hint, one old minesite has reasonably recent interest in being developed by uranium miners, but the labor govt placed a moratorium on the area, preventing any future exploration or development of the site.

If I was in the bush with a toothache & no painkiller tablets what weed could I use the leaves & seed to chew on for relief
This weed is indigenous to Australia & common on the Eastern Australian Coastal area .
They are a bloody pest alright!!!!

This is a complex topic, as the Aborigines had a very sophisticated understanding of the uses of plants. One of the plants they chewed leaves of for analgesia is Dodonaea viscosa ssp angustifolia - Narrow-leaf Hop-bush. Is that the one you had in mind?

Another one is Rock fuchsia bush (Eremophila freelingii).

The seed of this weed is easily spread by sheep & by socks.

Farmers really love it

1395393781_article62238481-3-001.jpg

I love looking at the histories, found this article at Trove which is a great resource.

U would be surprised where shafts have dug. Especially if u drive through Bowen daily.

Latest posts