Aussie Gold Dog reviews & experiences

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive been out to Aussie gold dog he is an awesome guy he goes great work Ive had no issues with what Ive bought of him

NO HE IS NOT A SCAMER I was evacuated due to the fires near nana glen I spoke with him he told me to come for a run out we had a chat I explained to him what happened and I wasnt insured a few days later her rang me and asked me to come out. So I did and he gave me a brand new 7 inch river sluith for free so dont say hes a scammer when hes not my next order will be a trommel.

1968falconxt said:
Personally I would not buy from that site. The website itself is full of spelling mistakes and poor grammar/english. The equipment looks rough as guts. There are many places to buy better equipment from

Dont bag someone you know nothing about he has some of the best work Ive seen I have bought from him not an issue you p#$% him off of corse you get you cash back and no product and yes he a few issues with transport and the post office Im sorry but you cant complain about him its not his fault specially if there floods or fires some of you guys need a brain before you speak :argh: 💩

MTB said:
Update for those interested

The order was fulfilled last Friday 15 February. Quality of the kit is good, no issues there. Yet to take it out on a trip - I missed my opportunity unfortunately while waiting for delivery - but the build is solid and as advertised. No rules were broken per se, Gold Dog is not a scam, but there are areas of improvement.

At the end of the day the issue here was that Crampo was occupied with personal issues and that is completely understandable, we all have personal lives which take priority, except there was no communication to say so (a note on the website would've been fine, to the effect of "Due to personal issues, there is a backlog of orders"). Would've taken 5 minutes to write and I would've gone into this purchase expecting a delay and even lack of communication. I've not yet actually spoken directly with Crampo, Fair Trading emailed him and he responded immediately with an explanation of the situation and provided an ETA for order fulfilment.

There is now a note on the Mini Trommel/Sluice page stating there is a small backlog on orders so that's something.

Just so you know everyone has issues getting in contact with him Im with Telstra and I had no service out there but could receive texts. Not everywhere has phone service remember that

Well have to admit I'm pretty disappointed, ordered a gold cradle in june 2022 for $350 paid in full and have yet to receive it. Have tried calling, emailed and left a dispute on the AussieGoldDog website with absolutely zero response from them. I understand orders like this may take some time to make, but you think they would at least send an email or give you a call to let you know an order may be delayed. its been 10 months with no response and i feel like I've been scammed :(

Buyer beware

Last edited:
From the original post it sounds like nothing has changed sadly. Do you know anyone who is in close proximity to his location who can drop in to check him out. Other than paying him a visit it sounds like you'll be waiting for a while longer. Hopefully you get a response/resolution sooner than later.

Latest posts