Aussie Detecting & Prospecting Bendigo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote - does anybody know anything about aussiedetctors - I know plenty unfortunately 8.(

I have dealt with - - - - - in the past on 2 separate occasions - extremely poor customer service sorry to say :(

Would I recommend them - NO!

CGS :)

P.S. just trying to protect the little people.

Brad was great with me I bought my detector from him teknetics g2 the website works fine. And great service too

kemjak57 said:
Does anyone know anything about Aussie Detecting Supplies. I have tried a few times to email them but am getting a message that the website is no longer available. Thanks, Rick
Rick, may I suggest that if you purchase from Brad at Aussie detecting, do it in person, hand over $ and take goods, not the internet.

I am as sceptical as the next person. I am new to prospecting and have been looking at different detectors for months. In conducting my research I have encountered and spoken with many people and have had some positive and negative experiences. I came across this thread looking for some information as I wanted to buy a detector from Aussie Detectors. This thread put me off Aussie Detectors, I did not want to deal with someone with so many negative experiences. Nevertheless, I contacted Brad at Aussie Detectors and had an open and honest conversation with him about the detector I wanted to buy and more importantly his ability to deliver it within a reasonable timeframe. I also discussed the feedback around the forum and that I wanted to hear his side.

Brad never disparaged anyone and stated that some people did in fact have negative experiences, he was honest about this. He then proceeded to tell me that as a result of the feedback, his business had implemented changes to rectify the issues. He then told me that if I bought my detector from him, he would be as honest and transparent about delivery times as could be.

I am a firm believer in giving people a chance, and so I decided to purchase my detector from Brad. I paid for it through EFT and in all honesty I half expected to be disappointed. To my pleasant surprise, not only was dealing with Brad a delight, but he kept me informed of the delivery along the way and guess what? The detector arrived today just as advised.

I have found Brad to be completely reliable and am happy to say I have no hesitation in either recommending his business or buying from him again. Not sure what caused the negative experiences, however I felt compelled to even the score on this forum purely based on my own very recent experience. Give Brad a call, ask for his opinion, great person to deal with.

Cheers

I hear ya Redfin, however, when I spoke with him he made it clear he didn't have this one in stock. I confirmed this through 2 other dealers that order stock through his dealership.

He told me he wod order it and have it to me within 2 weeks... And that is exactly what happened.

Like I said, can't speak for others experiences, just stating mine.

Now... Where's a good place to find gold kind sir? I need to get some dirt on this new machine (and keep the minister for finance and war happy).

:)

well thanks for your invaluable contribution to the forum Rexjoe i'm sure you've had a great experience buying from Brad especially after mentioning reading about how many others have had a terrible experience from him. Lets hope he's learned from Redfins advice

Redfin said:
Repeat after me Brad, "No we don't have those in stock atm, but I can order it in for you. It will take X weeks. is that ok?"

Why dont you head over to forum information and have a read about our community for new members https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8181

and Introduce yourself to the forum and tell us a bit about yourself https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=18

Reality is people who are in the habit of not being transparent never are in my experience, its an character trait not something you unlearn.

Brad has to learn that when you take someones money and tell them they will receive something on a particular date its not ok to let weeks go by without contacting a customer to ask / explain the situation. Further more blaming paypal, or the mail, or a supplier for his constant delays doesn't fly with me.

When a customer asks for a refund 6 weeks after a purchase has not been delivered it is in fact illegal not to issue one. I actually had to raise a bank dispute as Brad ignored my refund requests.
In my situation I was able to order my goods directly from his supplier 5 weeks after paying Brad and i still received brads order a full week after the other stock had arrived.

did i ever receive an apology.... no does anyone ever... occasionally i hear he sends out a free pan when someones waited too long for an order. rant over

cashgoldsilver said:
Hello.

I hope this post is in the right place.

I am interested to hear from any other members who have purchased from aussiedetectors.

Thanks in advance.

CGS

If you're looking for a place to buy detecting stuff, go with miners den. Awesome service there.

Classic example of the worth of 'word of mouth' - the most important thing in any business. Do something good for a client and they tell 3 people, do something bad and they tell 10.
I've had nought but good experience when dealing with Brad. Even when out of stock the ordered goods have arrived by due date. I have, in fact, recommended him to friends who have all received courteous and fast service and all happy with their purchases. And I'll continue to do so.
As for Miner's Den - 'It'll be here Tuesday'. Didn't say which Tuesday so was waiting....waiting.
We have all had bad experiences with various businesses and all of us have the freedom to go elsewhere. But unless the business is a definite shonk I don't hold with bagging it when a bloke is simply trying to make a living for himself and his family.

I hear ya mozzi1957 if there werent good buying experiences in between the bad then Brad wouldnt be in business at all.

I suppose for me i dont like being lied to repeatedly and there no excuse for that. I consider myself very tolerant and patient unfortunately i cannot recommend brads service.

mozzie1957 said:
As for Miner's Den - 'It'll be here Tuesday'. Didn't say which Tuesday so was waiting....waiting.

THEN

I don't hold with bagging

hahahahahahah

It appears history is repeating itself:

- Checked on stock.........

- Told 2 weeks delivery........

- Paid in full...........................

- 5 weeks later..........................

- Still not received.........................

- Reason - bad weather in the U.S........

- I can't cancel the order.........................

- No idea when it will get here.....................

- Very disappointed........................................

:(

mikesav said:
It appears history is repeating itself:

- Checked on stock.........

- Told 2 weeks delivery........

- Paid in full...........................

- 5 weeks later..........................

- Still not received.........................

- Reason - bad weather in the U.S........

- I can't cancel the order.........................

- No idea when it will get here.....................

- Very disappointed........................................

:(

Far out the man's not God, he as far as I know can't control the weather and provide a clear path for the postal service.
Learn some patience people.

Thanks for your two bits worth LC. No, I don't expect he can control the weather, but he can control how he runs his business.
Your wording is surprisingly similar to the supplier's response...... very defensive and both from Bendigo..... Interesting!

5 + weeks from the US is normal sometimes.
Then it will sit in AUS Customs for a week or so sometimes...

I haven't got anything from Brad before so i can't comment.

Who called who for that info? Delays are delays but not hearing anything or saving you'll call a customer but don't will not help the situation.