Ashes 2013

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A 19 year old, number 11 batsmen making a 50 on debut! I probably won't see that again in my lifetime!
Go Ashton Agar!
Go Aussies!

and they say test cricket is dead.
A riveting first session on the 2nd day.
There goes a nights sleep, again ! 8)

great game thus far and congrats to Ashton.

Was wondering how he was going to bat, really wanted him to pick up a wicket (or 2)!

Australia need 310 runs in the 4th innings to win! What chance do you give them?

I think clarke needs to go! his popularity is a polar opposite of his on field performance, he is too inconsistent and needs to show some leadership, he has scored bout 30 runs in this test, the top 6 have scored about 30% of the runs, not good enough... Cricket Australia made a start when they got rid of Arthur, now time to finish the job! The rivalry between Watson and Clarke is an enduring legacy that will stay with Aussie cricket for many years to come

A top effort by Ashton Agar, just hope that he doesn't have to outplay the umpire as well. Taking absolutley nothing away from Ashton but with all the betting associated with sport these days I'm always left wondering if the bookies don't own some of the officials and players.
Pete

Eco the thoughts of all. Just when we think its all getting a bit predictable and boring with our team, out comes a lad with some really ticker. It was a Fearless inning and he is credit to his country. I'm going over for the test at the Oval in August and after this test I'm even more inspired. Hey, reckon there would be some good hunting around Lords??

Hey jack, I hope you enjoy yourself over there. I've been wanting to do an Ashes tour ever since I was a kid and every 4 years I tell myself "ahh, next time I'm going!".

Maybe once I find that retirement nugget ;)

Au

Yep I'm lucky, have a pommy mate living in London and he's got the tickets and I'm staying with him. My only cost being return fare approx 2k, and spending money. Can't wait especially now that we seem in the game. :D

Hi Jack1,

3 days gone in the 2nd test and we (Australia) are getting smashed. I hope for your sake they can turn it around before you arrive in August!

Cheers,
Brad.

I have been spending a small fortune in gennie fuel to stay up night watching via my satellite, been pretty disappointing so far. No wonder our bowlers struggled last night after the pathetic effort of our batsmen again.

DD

Totally agree DD that the batsmen are the problem! Hard for the bowlers to apply pressure when the runs aren't on the board. Equally as hard to blood young batsmen when they have to come to the crease after a top order collapse! Unlike the glory days when you could debut at number 6 and go into bat at 4/350!

Brad.

All good comments people. I agree with all being said, it would be nice to see a bit of mongrel out on the field. When I saw Thommo and Maxie Walker in the crowd last night I wondered what they were feeling. :(

Gone are the days of Australia owning the cricket. Since the retirement of Warney, waugh bros, etc everything went downhill. It was a massive blow to the team when the chopped Simmons after he got the shits with management and took a break to go fishing and got punished beacuse of it. After that the team moral hit low and has never recovered.
Cricket Aust needs to come up with a new game formular if they want to own the international game again.

Latest posts