areas in jimna Qld

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys,
has anyone had a pan in jimna with any luck. heading out this week, still new at this so any advice would be great.

It's all State Forest up that way, talk to the forestry office, they will probably so no. They have car rally's and such so I don't see what more damage a little panning could do, you will need a permit to "Traverse State Forest" if you go off the main road.

I knew a guy a with a hard rock claim up at jimna, didn't have much luck with the pan there but yeah, lots of state forest. Go to gympie, plenty of gold there waiting ;)

yobskin said:
Do you eat hot dogs frosty?
You will find more gold in gympie than jimna. :D
hi where in gympie is ok to pan I was told you can only pan at the site allocated.
thanks
tryhard

Deep creek is the designatated fossicking area its a good spot to pan out some colour. To find gold you have to get dirty and sweat alot :D if your starting off go to the areas where gold is found 1st get some practise/colour. It could be a bit discuraging otherwise. The key is to learn how gold acts and to hone your eye in...some times its bright n yellow other times is dirty n dark you will lose more gold than you will find at 1st until you know what your looking for. ;) happy hunting.

You can pan up an appetite mate! ;)
With the amount of attention deep creek is getting there could be a vender soon. :lol:

Yep your on it there axeman good ole joh..
And the amazingly fast construction of the dam wall at imbil split shifts 24/7 till complete... four workers blasting out the rock found a massive gold leader! they kept quite $$$$$....pffff :lol:

Dad worked in the forestry in the 60's-70's and there was the one or two prospectors may have been more hidden in the forestry and they found good gold.
I'll see if I can track down an article from the south burnett times about one of them.
:) Mick

tryhard said:
yobskin said:
Do you eat hot dogs frosty?
You will find more gold in gympie than jimna. :D
hi where in gympie is ok to pan I was told you can only pan at the site allocated.
thanks
tryhard
thanks will give it a go.let you know how we went ,,,

My father knew a fella years ago who worked for the forestry in the Jimna area that said he had found gold stuck to the clay in the groves of his shoe's tread.

Another area near Jimna, A log inspector at Linville sawmill checking numbers that were stamped into the end of the logs by the timber cutters found a small nugget.
He tracked down which area the log came from and found the stump by the numbers, searched the area and didn't find another speck, don't know how well he searched it as the area is pure scrub.
:) Mick

Latest posts