Araluen or Mogo?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Every bloody time I try to head out for my ONE DAY per fortnight fossick, something gets in the way.! I'm so depressed! People around me don't understand just how miserable I've been getting, by not being able to get out and do what I love.

Last fortnight ago the weather was crap. Big trip cancelled. This weeken looks equally bad, but I can't stay in the suburbs a second longer!

Pans, seives, QED detector and sluice. That's my gear.

Araluen or Mogo? I've had a couple of short hours panning in Mogo creek last year and the year before at Chrismas. Found nothin.

Never been to Araluen/Majors crerk. All I know is rumour.

Please, can someone at least message me if you're not comfortable being too public with some guidance?

Luv, Baz.

I've waited and waited. Everything I normally go to is currently underwater. :(

I gotta get out man!

Sandbagger said:
I've waited and waited. Everything I normally go to is currently underwater. :(

I gotta get out man!

Just once i had the occasion where i detected in a very deep dry creek bed. It had been well worked so originally had plenty of gold but i found none.
So i tried to picture what it would have been like 3 million years ago. There was a sort of a plateau on top of the bank to one side which i thought could have been the original course of the creek. There was 12 ozs of gold on the plateau.
You don't always have to get your feet wet. :/

Thanks EvieBee.

This weekend is looking worse and worse. Snow coming, wet everywhere. Everything is underwater and from what I hear, detecting on wet ground is not great.

Looks like a wash out - literally.

Shit. :(

Gonna go give myself an uppercut and sulk.

It could be worse Sandbagger

You have your health

You are a very talented man and make a lot of people and children smile :D

You will get out to play in the dirt with your marbles again :lol:

Goody :)

Sandbagger said:
Thanks EvieBee.

This weekend is looking worse and worse. Snow coming, wet everywhere. Everything is underwater and from what I hear, detecting on wet ground is not great.

Looks like a wash out - literally.

shite. :(

Gonna go give myself an uppercut and sulk.

Take it easy on the upper cut Baz make sure you give it just enough to bring you around to the idea of buying a few bags from Golden Spear Mine :) :perfect:

https://www.goldenspearmine.com/

Definitely worth the investment when you consider the price of fuel and tucker financially you might find yourself in front, not necessarily on the gold value more so on the expenses. To add extra value you get to do it in the comfort of your bonza new shed :Y: Yeah I know it ain't the same as the outdoor experience but it's the next best option for a gold fix all the while giving you the opportunity to improve your skills :) We're all pissed off with the current situation Baz sometimes we need to think outside the box, at a minimum your supporting a brother from another mother :beer:

Latest posts