Anyone Use The Coiltek GPX Battery System?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I see that this battery system is no longer on Coilteks site, was wondering how well it works, I have a chance to buy one mint cond, the ad for it says it mantains 8.2V thru the entire batt charge when detecting. Has anyone bought one of these and used it, any cons? Pro's. This is the full size battery looks sorta like the original gpx batt I am talking about not the lightweight one that uses sony cam batts. I am a fan of full size batteries with full voltage and amperage, smaller batts equal less amperage, quicker voltage dropoff and your fringe deep detecting depths tend to go away,

Haven't used one personally, but I have seen them. The constant voltage won't make any difference as GPX's input voltage is already regulated. What the Coiltek battery did have is an inbuilt booster, which made it perfect for the GPX4000.

That explains why there is very little information on these coiltek GPX batteries out there, not much of a market since the 4500 followed the 4000 rapidly, not long enough to really wear out many batts, I use a gpx5000 battery on my 4000 with a pigtail adapter to activate the amplifier, works like a charm. I still have my old 4000 battery and keep it as a backup, rarely if ever use it. Still takes a charge.

Latest posts