Anyone heading to Nundle this weekend?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going for a drive to Nundle either tomorrow or Sunday (wife permitting), not sure if it will be a day trip or overnighter at this stage. I'll be taking the pans and a couple of sluices, so if anyone wants to team up for the day I'd be happy to split the takings :D

Cheers,
Nugget

Pity I'm a bit far away mate...always wanted to have a go at that place. Good luck out there....Cheers Wal. :)

Was just talking about Nundle yesterday.Hoping to go for a look up there sometime myself.

Pauly said:
Hey mate its a fair trip for a day run...

G'day Pauly,

I'm semi-retired so I can extend it out from 1 day to ........oh well...till somewhere else catches my attention. Old age does have Its advantages I guess....Cheers Wal. :D

I'm most likely doing another day trip to Nundle this weekend to do a little test panning at a new spot I found. Then I'm hoping to do an overnighter two weekends later, so if anyone is interested in catching up then let me know and we'll work something out.

Nugget said:
I'm most likely doing another day trip to Nundle this weekend to do a little test panning at a new spot I found. Then I'm hoping to do an overnighter two weekends later, so if anyone is interested in catching up then let me know and we'll work something out.

I would love to however I have to be day trip and I live in Sydney so I dont think I can make it :(

No dramas malau, I'm hoping to organise a group weekend trip to Nundle in the coming months.

Car's packed and ready for an early start in the morning, hopefully I'll have something to show for it tomorrow night :D

Anyone else heading out that way tomorrow?

Cheers,
Nugget

Thanks Ramjet. Its absolutely bucketing down here, was raining when we left at 5am but decided to take our chances. We're currently sitting in the car contemplating our next move. Now I wonder what time the pub opens :lol:

Nugget said:
Thanks Ramjet. Its absolutely bucketing down here, was raining when we left at 5am but decided to take our chances. We're currently sitting in the car contemplating our next move. Now I wonder what time the pub opens :lol:

That wouldn't be a hard choice for me. Counter lunch and a coldy!

I like your way of thinking ;)

1370135036_img_20130602_110306.jpg

The only problem now is that Nundle's power is out :(

I'm now home after a wet and unproductive day but didn't come empty handed.

After sitting at the Nundle pub without power for an hour so it was quite clear the weather wasn't going anywhere.

My partner in crime suggested we head to Tamworth for a bit of a look aground and after a little while we found ourselves at yet another pub :lol:, chucked $20 in a slot machine and made a nice little return for my efforts :D

1370159916_img_20130602_173048.jpg

Latest posts