Anyone have some pictures of shaft covers including up and overs.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
On my Sapphire claim I recently had a Mines Department safety inspection and the 2 shafts need permanent covers that can be locked when there not in use.
One shaft is a air/emergency exist shaft with only a ladder down the wall of the shaft so I'm thinking a round lipped cover with a couple of decent hinges at the back and a padlock at the front.

The main shaft has an up and over up out the top of the shaft and I'm thinking this cover will need to be built in 2 sections.

Maybe someone might have the web address of the Queensland Safety standards for Small scale mine shafts.

Good news, I've found the information I was seeking and until I can get around to constructing new shaft collars I've made 2 lockable shaft collar covers.

Picture attached: The first picture is of the up and over frame construction and the second picture is of the finished up and over cover in place.
The third picture is of the air vent frame construction and the fourth picture is of the finished air vent cover in place.

Loving this cooler weather.

Owen

1587904576_1c.__up_and_over_-_11.04.20.jpg

1587904632_1a._up_amp_over_mine_shaft_cover__-_19.04.20.jpg

1587904697_1a._air_vent_-_11.04.20.jpg

1587904751_1a._air_vent_mine_shaft_cover__-_19.04.20.jpg

That looks great bud!
As long as you have shown an obvious intent to comply, I would say you should be fine??!
(I know nothing about UG works!)

Latest posts