Another virgin deflowered !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystyk59

Bill
Reaction score
We had Geoff from Katherine and his mate John from Canberra arrive on Sun night. Myself and Dale took them out yesterday and assembled their new 5000s from the box. Spent a couple of hours in the morning running them through everything and changing settings etc til it got a bit too hot, (35o). Packed up and i arranged to go out with them in the evening for a bit of night detecting as Dale was tied up. They were great everything was taken on board and although one of the detectors was hard to fine tune for the ground here got there in the end. Geoff got a signal and called me over and i knew it was a deffo . Found his first piece of Yella ! Only a tiny bit but hey first session and finding your first piece in your first 4 hours of prospecting, not bad. Taking em out again tonight to hopefully get John his first piece as well before they head back to Katherine in the morning. Tis a grand feeling to help someone find their first piece ! Especially as they said they were happy to drive all that way just to have someone explain to them how to use the machines and exactly what the settings do etc. Its a big difference in trying to figure it all out from the manual as it looks pretty daunting at first. They will be joining this forum as soon as they get home. :cool: :cool: :cool:

Hi all,

Well done Bill and Dale, helping new fossikers get gold on their first time out is a treat :) it took me two long years to get my first bit gawd I was exited, I did the gold dance and bolted home. :lol: :lol:

Jim & Kerrie

Good on you Bill .. And yes mate, it is a bit of special moment when you've helped put a newcomer to the craft on their first piece gold .. (Trouble is ya can't get rid the buggers after that!)

Best Regards to Youfrom The Digger

And the beauty is that John got his first bit tonight as well, as they have to head off in the morning it was good to send em both home with a piece each. And i managed to get 2 bits tonight as well for .63 as wasn't as worried about them :cool:

Nice work! I'll bet they'll be hooked for life :D

I hope Lady Luck rewards you a nice piece or two for your kind efforts Bill! Anyone willing to share info for GPX first-timers (like myself), let alone getting them a nice little score, is okay in my books. :)

Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Proud of you guys...great to see guys giving up their time to put a smile on a newbys' face. :) and to get them their first gold ...the memory will stay with them forever..Cheers Wal :)

Thanks for the kind remarks, we actually had someone say that they couldnt understand why we dont ask for any payment. They were a experienced couple who travel around the country in their camper prospecting so i was surprised at the question. Its because we love detecting and are very passionate about it and want others to feel the same as we do. Its also because we feel we are filling a gap at the moment as the NT is only in its infancy as a tourist prospecting destination and information is patchy to say the least and by acting as a point of contact for visitors here we can help to keep EL holders and Pastoralists onside by ensuring they are not wandering around willy nilly and are where they should be and giving the required notice of intent before going on leases and stations. We have had a great response from a major exploration company that holds most of the ELs around here and have developed a great relationship with both them and a contact from the dept of Mines and Energy who fully support what we are doing. And it gives us a chance to get out and look for the good stuff more often ;) And that is why i love this forum as it runs on the same principle , helping get newbys started with the right advice and support. And sharing the passion , it shows through in so many posts from the regular contributors on here. So a big Onya to all of you as well as to Nugget for devoting so much of his time to starting it and keeping it running so smoothly. Its great to feel part of this "extended family" :cool:

We had DD help us find our first and so far only piece, haven't had a chance to get back out there for months, but are very keen to get away again. Nothing like finding that first chunk, the look on Grace's face was priceless, when she realised it wasn't a piece of lead!! good on you for helping out.

Latest posts