Another prospector born!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whilst traversing the country side with work i make it a point to stop in local pubs for an ale or two and chew the fat, and whilst chewing the fat i allways drop the question of was there any gold in the area (just for interests sake of course :8 ) and thats when i met the soon to be Nymagee Prospector, he said to me he had a gut feeling about gold at a spot he frequented for other reasons but didnt have to much of an idea what gear to use, so in the spirit of being a traditional aussie prospector, i grabbed him some sieves a pan plus a tough as nails CC's pick and dropped them off on the trip back up.
So the Nymagee Prospector was born, good luck to you ole mate, hope to see you on this forum, and may your gut feeling turn to GOLD. :cool:
1409741228_sept_007-optimized.jpg

Your an incredibly generous and kind hearted man dwt, I can't think of another person who would have done that. Kudos mate and best of luck to the Nymagee Prospector.

Well done DWT.

Being generous is awesome.

I would of done the same thing.

Was at maccas last week and took a bite into a nice
Hot freshly cooked big mac. Guy approached and asked
for some Change so he can buy something to eat but
had none.

What does one do? I approached him as he was asking
The cashier and ordered him a meal though he just
Wanted a burger and paid by card.

The feeling you get when giving is addictive and comes
Back with good karma..

How can one keep eating when someone approaches,
Looks stressed, unhappy and looks a tad worse for
Wear? I could'nt and its not how i was brought up.

I won't donate money though to a begger but would
Walk them to a cafe and get them something to eat.

Once i was sitting outside during lunch and a homeless
Guy walked past picking up cigarette buts. I felt for
The guy. This was 10 Years ago. So i bought him a pack
of smokes though he did not ask. The look on his face
was priceless and he was shocked.

While we're on the subject, I had a neighbour rock up one night a few months back asking for money as he had no food or whatever. I had no cash on me but shortly after the wife and I drove up the street to get some dinner, on the way back I see this guy picking up ciggy butts of the sidewalk so I pulled over and handed him $20, he was very appreciative and I thought well that's the end of that..

The next day, the bloody guy was back asking for more money and a lift up the street then continued rocking up every couple of days over several weeks with similar requests :eek:. In the end I just had to put him straight and say enough is enough, I felt bad for doing so but I have my own problems to deal with.

Nugget said:
While we're on the subject, I had a neighbour rock up one night a few months back asking for money as he had no food or whatever. I had no cash on me but shortly after the wife and I drove up the street to get some dinner, on the way back I see this guy picking up ciggy butts of the sidewalk so I pulled over and handed him $20, he was very appreciative and I thought well that's the end of that..

The next day, the bloody guy was back asking for more money and a lift up the street then continued rocking up every couple of days over several weeks with similar requests :eek:. In the end I just had to put him straight and say enough is enough, I felt bad for doing so but I have my own problems to deal with.

Thats abusing the system and taking it too far.

There is a difference between helping someone compared
To helping someone that won't help themselves. I had
Enough things to deal with in life and first job back was
working On a production Line as a starting point. Its
Much easier today i think compared to 20 years ago.

Latest posts