Another one bites the dust

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
A little introduction, my wife and I have friends that go out prospecting and for some time I had thought about jumping in. I was talking with a friend the other week about things we wanted to do and the discussion turned to gold detectors. A few days later I was doing some research and my good wife asked what I was doing ? Just looking at gold detectors again, she reminded me that we werent getting any younger and should do something about it. Never ask a question you dont want an answer to, so last Wednesday night ordered a GXP 4500, a steep learning curve ahead but I think that will be part of the adventure ? . My username Rascal was my old Border Collie who loved camping. Anything I find will be a bonus, just want to enjoy life and do what we want together.
Cheers
Rascal 01

Hey Rascal, just run in factory presets and you will find gold if you walk over it.

Hi Rascal, and welcome to the forum. :D

I'm a newb myself (only joined last year after buying a GPX 5000).
It is a steep learning curve, but well worth the effort. I love this new hobby and the folks on this forum have been great in providing advice and answering the many questions that Ive had.

Enjoy the journey friend :Y:

-Deepseeker

Rascal01 said:
Hi,
A little introduction, my wife and I have friends that go out prospecting and for some time I had thought about jumping in. I was talking with a friend the other week about things we wanted to do and the discussion turned to gold detectors. A few days later I was doing some research and my good wife asked what I was doing ? Just looking at gold detectors again, she reminded me that we werent getting any younger and should do something about it. Never ask a question you dont want an answer to, so last Wednesday night ordered a GXP 4500, a steep learning curve ahead but I think that will be part of the adventure ? . My username Rascal was my old Border Collie who loved camping. Anything I find will be a bonus, just want to enjoy life and do what we want together.
Cheers
Rascal 01

Welcome Rascal01,
I'm new myself mate and jumped in with a GPX5000. The info I found on this forum and also by reading the GPX manual multiple times plus a bit of trial and error, I have got a good Basic understanding of the machine. Once you get a bit of a handle on it you WILL pick up Gold if you walk over it. All the best mate :pickshovel: :goldnugget:

Latest posts