Another Melbourne member..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have fairly recently got into prospecting. I have been playing with a x-terra 305 and a bounty hunter discovery 2200 at parks and reserves finding spendables mainly.

I have a property in Toolleen, (between Heathcote and Bendigo) that is littered with promising looking quartz and what appears to be ironstone. I have built a dolly pot and bought a turbo pan and plan to crush some rocks this weekend and see if i can get any colour. I am expecting nothing so will be happy with anything!

I will post some pics to see what you guys think of the quartz that I call "promising".

PS. I have been following this forum for ages. It is fantastic and full of information!!

1518155259_10.jpg

Mate, welcome to PA. If you would like some from here could come onto your land for an evaluation and even some detecting tuition.
Just an offer. Your terms.

BigWave said:
Mate, welcome to PA. If you would like some from here could come onto your land for an evaluation and even some detecting tuition.
Just an offer. Your terms.

Thanks for the offer. It is something i will consider as I really don't know what I am doing at this stage.

I went up to the property over the weekend but gave up pretty quickly with the dolly pot. It is such hard work with quartz! I think I'll just make an electric rock crusher for next time. I brought back a few samples and have some photos of the land and some rocks. Ill post up the photos when I work out how to on this forum.

Latest posts