AFL who do you follow?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never really followed any team in the AFL but became a bit of a Sydney Swans fan after visiting my father one year at Xmas.Walked into his house and one of the next door neighbours daughters was visiting and introduced me to her husband.It was Brett Kirk,captain of the Swans.Dad actually went to his bucks party. Been a Swans fan ever since.

There is only 1 team to follow and that is the Mighty SWANS.

They were very unlucky not to win last night but the bulldogs played a good game and deserved the win.
I used to follow the Berries in the NRL in the 70s and went to every home game at Belmore but when the Swans came to Sydney I was given a season pass and started to go to the AFL and havent been back to the NRL since. I find ALF much more entertaining.
In the mid 80s I had a job where I could work at the Swans games at the SCG and used to stand behind the Swanettes watching the game at the Hill end.

A lot of NRL followers just dismiss AFL as aerial ping pong without understanding the rules of the game. I have educated a couple of diehard NRL people to the rules of the game and now they enjoy watching the AFL as much as the NRL.

Balmain Bob said:
There is only 1 team to follow and that is the Mighty SWANS.

They were very unlucky not to win last night but the bulldogs played a good game and deserved the win.
I used to follow the Berries in the NRL in the 70s and went to every home game at Belmore but when the Swans came to Sydney I was given a season pass and started to go to the AFL and havent been back to the NRL since. I find ALF much more entertaining.
In the mid 80s I had a job where I could work at the Swans games at the SCG and used to stand behind the Swanettes watching the game at the Hill end.

A lot of NRL followers just dismiss AFL as aerial ping pong without understanding the rules of the game. I have educated a couple of diehard NRL people to the rules of the game and now they enjoy watching the AFL as much as the NRL.

Well Bob Im a one eyed Bulldogs supporter and loved every second of us beating the swannies LOL
I won a slab of Boags from my one eyed swans mate and had a great time watching him whince. He he he

GT :)

Long time Hawks supporter. My son is a hawks supporter and probably a bit lucky with the good record over the last 8 or so years. I had to explain to him that I saw those good years through the mid-late 80's and early 90's and there was a long drought after that!

Check out my avatar.......it says it all.

["We are the power from Port, its MORE than a sport, its a true Port Adelaide Tradition"]

Coming from South Africa, I was never exposed much to the AFL, other than seeing some of the epic punch-ups from the 80's. Originally I picked the Dockers just to annoy my brother who is a Brisbane based Lions fan and that was the 1st match on when we 1st arrived in Aus. Now we live in Perth so the Dockers it remains - through thick and thin (and let's admit it's very, very thin at the moment....)

My second team is Port, I have no idea why, I just like them. :cool:

first game of AFL I watched in the early 80's when I was a kid was Richmond and wst Bulldogs , and started following Richmond ( Kev Bartlett days ) , then when STH Melb relocated and became the swans they became my team being from Sydney myself , but still support the tigers as my second team.

Don't know how you blokes can have second teams ..... I guess it's because you'se have never really barracked for a really great team :)

rotor said:
Don't know how you blokes can have second teams ..... I guess it's because you'se have never really barracked for a really great team :)
You must mean the MIGHTY WOODS rotor. GO THE PIES :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been a Collingwood supporter since i was 3 years old. :D Watch out the top 8 the PIES are coming out of the their slumber.

SCROUNGER said:
rotor said:

there's no other is there?

rotor said:
SCROUNGER said:
rotor said:

there's no other is there?
No others that matter mate. :lol:

Latest posts