ace 250 hunting the beach with DD 8x11 coil using DVR sunnies

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax3022

Tony
Reaction score
[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/ad9Cxeu2frw[/video]

Hey folks here's the latest piece of equipment for my hunting, DVR Sunnies from ebay. I wasn't keen to film with my iphone as i already had a scoop in my left hand and the ace in my right so i stumbled across these DVR sunnies and bought a pair. They aren't the best build quality but apparently film in 720p HD with a 5mp camera, i was surprised the glasses picked up the detector noise as i had earbuds in, i guess the mic was near enough to my ear to record it. The only thing i found is that i need to exaggerate my head movement to let the glasses see what i want to record and i'm a bit shy talking while i'm filming because i don't want random people looking at me detecting and talking to myself hahaha i don't want to become "That guy" :)

Haha, awesome idea mate. You already are "that" guy so you might as well embrace it :lol:. I look forward to seeing some footage.

Haha yeah true nugget ;) what's that saying... " if you look around the room and can't find the crazy person it most likely is you!" Hahaha

Sorry mate, I'm on an iPad and thought your video was an image. Checking it out now :p

Great quality recording, how much did these set you back? I want to get me a pair for sure.

Thanks guys, they cost $40 (free postage) from ebay but really look at the tech specs in the item description as there are literally hundreds of fakes that record at a really low quality. I made sure they were at least 5mp and 720p. You can pay top dollar like 2-300 for good ones that look better and less bulky and record 1080p but were a bit out of my price range. These ones seem to be ok for now. No doubt i'll have plenty of vids on youtube in the future. My handle on the youtubes is madmax3022

Cheers chris :) wait till you see my next one...... A 1/8 scale remote-controlled backhoe with a coil attatched and a camera so i can sit in the shade and hunt with the rc backhoe hahaha ahhhh i wish ;)

Cool shades Max. wonder how they would go if you wore them to the pub and picked on the biggest bloke and he smacked you fair square between the eyes, that would come up good as a video :D Mick

axeman said:
Cool shades Max. wonder how they would go if you wore them to the pub and picked on the biggest bloke and he smacked you fair square between the eyes, that would come up good as a video :D Mick

Would look even better if they were 3D 8)

Cool gadget Max, I have been trying to find flexible solar panel that can produce 650+ mAh to fit on a cap, that way you could record above your standard 90min.http://www.flashwear.com/online_store/solar-cap-black.cfm

Nice to see the coil/screen and hear the detector audio all at the same time... :cool:

Uh oh :/ the glasses are dead...... Won't turn on and the laptop won't recognise it doh!! They were working then i went to connect them to the pc and it all went pear-shaped.... I did some research and i may have left them charging too long or something and it overcharged maybe ?!?! Oh well i'll contact the seller and keep eveyone posted

Ok false alarm, the seller contacted me and reccomended resetting them by using a pin to push the master reset on the glasses arm. Success :) they live again

Cheers :) yeah i was dreading having to send them back to hong kong, it took nearly a month to get them originaly not to mention postage :/ if i couldn't get them working i was just going to toss em haha glad i didn't throw them against the wall

Not sure if i've mentioned it before but i got a second vid with the glasses..... Got some sharks on camera..... Bloody white pointers can just sneak up on you if you're lucky ;) madmax3022 on youtube

Latest posts