A windy morning at the Sydney beaches

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day,
after a couple of hours spent at the beaches today I came home very excited as I found my first rings. No gold, but both are silver with some little stones. Apart of the rings there was $43.20 in cash and one U.S. dime.
I'm just so happy about the rings, so I had to share it with you ;)
1387584651_beach_findings.jpg

1387584674_rings.jpg

Thanks to everyone, both rings are very nice.
They ended up on my daughters' hands (I was lucky to score two rings, so no fight at home :D )

I have the X-terra 705, standard coils, but I think I will purchase a bigger one, the Coiltek 15", just thinking which frequency, most likely the "universal" 7.5kHz

Nice finds Pilsner, 2 silver rings in one day is always an awesome day and being your first rings, a mighty nice day!
I hope you cracked open a Pilsner to celebrate ;)

Great work :)

SF

Man I would love to spend a couple of days detecting up @ the Sydney Beaches! Did you get alot of rubbish too?

Thanks Silver_Fox, it was definitely a special day yesterday.

Pilsner is gone for the moment, Stella Artois is on duty :D

@Joshwasere: there is usually not much rubbish at the beaches (in compare to parks) and sometimes I ignore the IDs, which I know to be a rubbish. But if I dig it, then I take with as a little contribution to make the beaches clean.

mostly clean coins... a well swept area? What period of time do you think that area takes to 'refresh'?

Well, I've been a few times there already, not as much successful as this time.
Hard to say, how often it makes sense to come back. It depends on weather, how busy the beach is and how many other detectorists check the area.

All the beaches in this area are packed constantly over Summer, somedays on Warringah Rd there are 3 lanes packed for kilometres all trying to get to the beach. I'm thinking of getting an Xterra or similar for the beach as the 5000 detects way too deep in sand and slows me down on small deep junk.

I think the beaches here replenish quite fast, all clean coins in the pic for example, they don't take long to start corroding.

Somebody definitely detects at Nth Curl Curl, tried there once and only got deep junk and a few coins missed. Whoever it is did a stunning job of cleaning it up anyway. :)

Latest posts