A visit to Ararat & Maryborough

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adelaide Retiree

John Croser
Reaction score
Last week i stayed at Ararat for the first time and went into Ararat Hills Regional Park,detected with my s/h ML 5000,came home disappointed as only the usual 22bullets and casings. Went to Maryborough called on Coiltek Gold Centre,whom i found to be very helpful,examined my detector and reset my settings also sending me to a location,unfortunately this was late afternoon,so didn't have enough time to put into the spot,but found small shotgun pellet plus a musket ball,so next trip will have to explore more of this area----will have to keep trying and putting in the hours. Thankyou to Coiltek for your friendly info and advice to a newcomer to the area. Regards "Adelaide Retiree."

Better luck next time.
Good to hear about great service from a dealer

Finding shotgun pellets, bullets etc is teaching you the right sounds so that's all good. It's all a learning experience. We have only had our 5000 for about 3 months but have found 36 wee nuggets so far but plenty of lead & junk. but all good fun.

Latest posts