A sneak peek at a Rotary Powered WalBanker.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tathradj said:
Worlds first mate.
Aussie design. We are good at this sorta thing. LOL
Rotating spray head designed to work at low pressure.
Smashes the crap out of clay and also wash's those pesky muddy rocks off properly.
I am waiting for a set of belts for my mates lathe and then I will cure a few problems it has.
Stay tuned. I have a couple of people who are going to test it out for me.
Oh, I would not use blades in some thing like this or we would have a heap of prospectors with no fingers. LOL
Waste disposal. ??? You got that much junk in your water way's. :eek:

Here in the US we have garbage disposals connected to the kitchen sinks. They grind up food and other crap the wife shoves down it. It connect directly to the sink drain opening, has a few metal blades that spin around to grind up whatever you put in it... Our water in CA is pretty good. It comes from our mountain snow pack, but we're in a bit of a drought right now but nothing serious as the greenies would like you to think... So what, that's just a spinning spray head?

LOL,
I know what a waste disposal in a kitchen sink is. :)
Yes, it is a rotating spray head.
As I said, I designed it to run off a small 1 1/2 pump but with a sufficient amount of water to drive a High banker.
It can be done easier with a bigger pump but I do not like the idea of carting a 50 odd kilo pump around. :eek:

RotGrub said:
So what, that's just a spinning spray head?

It's not just a 'spinning spray head' mate, it's more to the fact of its variance of use in breaking down dirt in a short period of time, we all live gold yes, so how do we get more gold, we process more dirt, and the quicker we can process our dirt, the more dirt we can put through to recover more gold.
Now I'm not telling anyone here how 'to suck eggs' but since the first Mining for gold ever took off they would of instantly realised that the more dirt processed the more gold recovered, and this goes from the weekend prospector to the large scale mining company.
But what's the point of processing large amounts of dirt, if your not washing the pay dirt thoroughly.
How many times have we heard or read the expert opinions on how much gold flows out the end of a sluice box!
Now think of the amount of times gold has flowed over the end of the over size chute of your banker due to the dirt not being washed properly!
High impact spray/wash system, that thoroughly cleans dirt and rocks, equals more gold every time, every time ;)

As DWT says but also not to mention the clay breaking ability of tathras design. Some of the more stubborn Clay here can give real dramas and steal your gold from the sluice

Now I know what this thing is LOL
How about incorporating this clay buster into a trommel with a Wal banker at the end? the Rotary washer breaks the heck of the clay, then slurry enters the trommel and it transforms (magically) back into clay clods LOL Neat idea, eh? just kidding :D

But seriously this could really eliminate most of the bugger clay off the gold and make the recovery much more effective .
Count me on the trommel addition , I have a small trommel on the modding stage.

I'm going to look more into this. When we find clay we either soak it over night in water and chop, grind and break up the clay with a small shovel, then rescreen it down to 1/4" or we just push it dry through a 1/4 screen if its not too much. In my experience we only run across clays in pockets so it has not been a big problem where we've mined. But I can see how this device would come in handy and I could utilize my supply tub water and add a small pump to power the rotating head.

Its actually a really simple design re-engineered to serve a different purpose. When I saw Tathradj's video I had to smack myself in the head for not thinking of it earlier. It is basically a dishwasher upside down with a better pump! In a commercial dishwasher two spray bars, one top and one under use the water pressure from a pump to create newtons third law and allow sucessive waves of spray to pressure clean anything in between.
Incidently I think you could save yourself some time and effort by obtaining a second hand dishwasher to strip parts, mostly the wash arms and bearings/ fittings from without the need to make parts and balance them.
Just a little food for thought for you Tathradj im sure itl turn out good.

A dishwasher was the catalyst for this idea. :) :)
When I polish the unit I will put up a photo of it stationary.
There are a few factors in it's design to allow it to be used in a banker situation.

That looks great

When I've finished up cleaning the cons I could do my smalls and perhaps the dog :D

Seriously I can't wait to see more

Cheers and Merry Christmas

Bazz and Family

Tathradj i do like the idea mate
1450772289_1476364148.gif

Thanks people,
I just need a bit of time and on the lathe to make cone shaped self centering bearings for it
that won't wear out to quickly.
I am going to make them out of teflon. :D

I can't wait either mate. Very interesting looking project :) you have a lathe hey ;) I'd be using mine if I knew it didn't have a cracked cast when I boight it :mad: I wanted to make mini tabletop steam engines

Does your puddler run off power supply or water flow?

Hi Atom, :) :)
Runs off water pressure.
There are 6 arms with holes drilled in them and facing at an angle.
Top 3 are smaller in diameter which gives it more rotating power. They are also facing
down at a sharper angle.
There is a trick to getting it working at the volume required and when I worked it out it
was that simple it was not funny. (I keep quite about that. )
As I said in the post, You have to have the volume to run your banker yet have enough
pressure to rotate it at the same time.
And not have your Banker doing the Harlem Shuffle down the creek. :lol:

Latest posts