Scratching and Sniffing at Yambulla with a modified WalBanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of a Bugga if they ban them in NSW.
Last time I spoke to the head ranger, There was no talk at all about banning them. Actual fact he was all for them IF they are used properly.
These days you never know.

Hey Gents, have you had a look at 'Yambulla gold : a brief record of the colourful Yambulla goldrush, near Eden'

Just rang the museum in Eden. I will have a copy this aftewrnoon as I am going down to do a job in Eden.
Thanks for that Paydirt. You coming down this week end??

Paydirt said:
Hey Gents, have you had a look at 'Yambulla gold : a brief record of the colourful Yambulla goldrush, near Eden'

I have a copy. They are for sale at the Eden Killer Whale Museum shop as well for about $10?.

Some nice photos in the book and a map of the township and a brief history of the rush.

Tathradj said:
Not sure about it. I will have to ask a few questions as it is marked as a "Flora Reserve" on the forrestry maps.
The area could be marked as a no log area though as there are rules on how close to a river course can be cleared.

There are some massive deer I have seen there.

Just get them to walk back and forth on the same line to make a walking path or take some goats. The deer are exactly what the deer hunters are looking for when they pass through the crossing with their dogs.

Seriously though probably a regular hack with a machete is ok for a walking path and some coloured tape on a tree.

Bush bashed 8kms up the Burrungubbee valley a few weeks ago, 600m thru Yambulla forest - a quick stroll. Seems from the Trove archives that there was alluvial 'shows' from the townsite down Ladysmith/Heathy Gap Creek (I assume they are one and the same) to the junction and then more from the junction to the bug bend.
Psst Doug, haven't come across one mention of Chinese at Yambulla and max. 200 dudes working at its peak.
From all reports we are on the money as far as what dirt we are throwing thru the Wal.
All this Yambulla talk is enuf for a bloke to forego a couple of days on the Main Range this weekend

Hi guys I'm very new to the walbanking only used it once got a bit of colour. I'm heading to Eden tomorrow for a few days and I've been to Yambulla once but only had pans and the creek was in flood so I didn't find much(just enough to get the fever) it would be great if we could meet up for some pointers on the walbanker and the area might see you on the weekend.

Psssst Paydirt
Yes they were. Market Gardeners mainly but tolerated.LOL
Oi, Wanna have an expidition this weekend. I'm in. The Big Bend has me going and I just wonder on what other nooks and crannies are around.

Paydirt said:
Bush bashed 8kms up the Burrungubbee valley a few weeks ago, 600m thru Yambulla forest - a quick stroll. Seems from the Trove archives that there was alluvial 'shows' from the townsite down Ladysmith/Heathy Gap Creek (I assume they are one and the same) to the junction and then more from the junction to the bug bend.
Psst Doug, haven't come across one mention of Chinese at Yambulla and max. 200 dudes working at its peak.
From all reports we are on the money as far as what dirt we are throwing thru the Wal.
All this Yambulla talk is enuf for a bloke to forego a couple of days on the Main Range this weekend

Hi guys look like I'll hopefully be there on Saturday.
Has anyone had a look up stream in the creek or only around the bridge?

Joe

Doh, will miss out this weekend (another Main Range mission) but will be down Mon for a couple of days and hopefully back next weekend. Ive only worked the bridge area as it gives up the goodies and is easy going. Hope ya's get some colour

A few more spots rather than just the bridge would be better.

Running some tape on a trail down to the bend would be ideal.

The other side of the bridge about 50m further up would be worth a scratch too.

1411093432_yambulla_alluvial.jpg

Such an area, It's got to be there some where. :) :)
What the old timers considered to non profit is more of a prospect for us these days.
I am counting on some places deserted for Nerrigunda. Richer findings back in those days.

Hi uncle bob I had my brother in-law and nephew helping me the other forum members couldn't make it.

Got there just as Max was leaving. Mum ended up in Hospital and is still there plus I had a call out.
This coming Saturday will be a good one. By the look of that mate you are doing well with the banker in there. :D
I myself had a bit of a scratch in some crevices and around the local area. Just finished a feed when Paydirt turned up. We both had a real close hard look at the area and we are both convinced that somewhere in there we will find a super secret spot "X". LOL :cool:
I had better fire up the big pump and start loaming on the area marked "The Terraces" as the distance to water is a bit much for the small pump I have.
All up for what it was I had a good afternoon meeting new people and generally scratching around. Am now going to ramp up as I am looking forwards to this Spring/Summer So,
Hope to see you out there soon. :)
Doug.

Did not go mate. I am helping out with some research for my uncle in a bad situation.
This week end may be a loss for my prospecting as I am rather tied up.
But there is always the following which I will put some time into it and produce some goods. LOL

Tathradj said:
Well,
I modified my spray bars on my WalBanker not being really happy with just a single.
I came up with This,
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/2436/1410693144_20140914_165654_medium.jpg
what a difference that made. :)
No bar to hit when shoveling, More steady flow even when loading and cuts that darn clay down like butter. :) :)
All 1.5 inch right to each 1" spray bar.
The setup,
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/2436/1410693365_20140914_151435_medium.jpg
The Banker doing it's Thing,
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/2436/1410693407_20140914_151611_medium.jpg
Then after all this fluffing around a bloke does get a bit Hungry and thirsty,
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/2436/1410693461_20140914_165054_medium.jpg
The serenity of this place is unreal,
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/2436/1410693501_20140914_165115_medium.jpg
And yes, I have found a good amount of that yellow stuff. I will post the results up when I finish sorting it out but I would reckon about 1.5 grams.
See you out there. :) :)

Any pictures of your gold :) have you sorted it out yet champ :)
I wanna see some of you hold Man...... :cool:

Latest posts