A little nipply in Nundle

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My brother and I had a great idea to spend a few days in Nundle chasing that elusive gold stuff. So far we've spent around 5 hours detecting those hills with no gold being found.

Right now we're rugged up in the tent bracing ourselves for -3 overnight temps :eek:. If we survive the night we're hoping tomorrow will be a little more eventful. I'll post an update tomorrow evening.

I hope you all enjoy your nice warm beds tonight :lol:

How's you detector going?

Are you at one with it yet.

I was going to camp out at Windeyer but............when I called to book a site they had one cabin left, WINNING!

At least you have phone service there, no phone service at Windeyer unless you get to the top of one the hills.

Good Luck

Ramjet said:
Bloody hell Nugget. That's a bit on the chilly side. Good luck tomorrow.

Thanks Rod. We arrived at Hanging Rock around 11am today and there were still patches of ice on the ground, it was a nice day though.

Retirement Stone said:
How's you detector going?

Are you at one with it yet.

I was going to camp out at Windeyer but............when I called to book a site they had one cabin left, WINNING!

At least you have phone service there, no phone service at Windeyer unless you get to the top of one the hills.

Good Luck

I'm starting to get the hang of the detector but there's so much trash here and not so much gold :rolleyes:

Nundle has the best mobile reception in NSW :lol:

Great work on the cabin, I think I'll be booking one for the next trip.

Hey mate just had to take my jumper off.. this fireplace sure is warm!

Hope you get some of that yella!

Next time i'll be there freezing in the back of the ute!

I remember how cold Nundle was last year, but great place.
Not sure why the gold is hard to find with the magic wand!
With all that dirt on the hills you'd think the Chinese missed some.

Good luck in nundle Nugget! There's still plenty of gold left in them hills. Just hard to get , so mineralised ! :)

Here ya go Nugget! Hope it warms you up a bit! :cool:

1407476130_fire_1.jpg

Now ya warm get out there and find the gold! :D

Sorry Nugget but I had to throw the doona and sheet off last night it was so b---dy hot.
Bit of brotherly love cuddles coming up me thinks hehehehe.
Mackka

Hllo nugget, you better man up, was there 3 weeks ago wth my grandsons 10 and 11, the mrs and I slept in the van nice and snug and the young blokes slept in a tent, first night -3 ,second night rang in at -7, third night they were in wth us.
i'll give you a spot I recently found,took 4 for 2.4g in January, 2 x .4 this last time, when first went to this spot not a dig hole in site and still plenty targets there now , lots of bell ringers left, think ive dug all the sweet signals. Head out of Nundle along the dirt beside the peel,go past the first TSR on left that's got the steel post in front of its gate,keep going till you come to second TSR on left and ther on right side opposite gate is the hill which you have to get to the top of. if you look back thity mtres youll see my 4by tracks were ive climed in there and up the hill.i took a nice old brooch there as well, regards phill

detecta2 said:
Hllo nugget, you better man up, was there 3 weeks ago wth my grandsons 10 and 11, the mrs and I slept in the van nice and snug and the young blokes slept in a tent, first night -3 ,second night rang in at -7, third night they were in wth us.
i'll give you a spot I recently found,took 4 for 2.4g in January, 2 x .4 this last time, when first went to this spot not a dig hole in site and still plenty targets there now , lots of bell ringers left, think ive dug all the sweet signals. Head out of Nundle along the dirt beside the peel,go past the first TSR on left that's got the steel post in front of its gate,keep going till you come to second TSR on left and ther on right side opposite gate is the hill which you have to get to the top of. if you look back thity mtres youll see my 4by tracks were ive climed in there and up the hill.i took a nice old brooch there as well, regards phill

lets hope nugget reads this post before those other ten blokes up there ;)

is it legal for that steel post to have been put in front of the gate ?

i was looking at that last trip thinking i should do my civic duty and put it in the council scrap bin where it belongs

probably put there by Mr Grumpy Nundle Guy ?

thought the same thing heads up, but didn't have my battery grinder there to attack that padbolt, actually the mrs and i had a run in there wth Nundle guy at that spot years ago, was known as plumtree, we were getting some good flake from the roots of the dead casurinas up stream a litte and he came up and told us we'd crossed his fence line onto his private property, but heres the go, it was an imaginary fence line we should have known about????, anyway he later put a fence through there and a prospector in the know was contesting the position of the fence wth some gov dept, but I never heard more about that, but know the fence is still there and now thers that post to stop cars from getting the gear down to the creek.phill

Just a quick update as I hit the hay... We survived the chilly night and had another unsuccessful day of nugget hunting.

The TDI Pro is performing well, it's handling the mineralisation better than I expected and picking up on very small targets at depth, I now just need to swing it over some gold which in this place is few and far between.

We're expecting another subzero evening followed by another glorious day. I'll see what tomorrow brings and will report our lack of finds tomorrow night.

Last year I knew a young prospector stand his ground against him!
He had done his research and knew that anyone can fossick on any gazetted creek or river and up to 5 meters and 10 meters up the bank.
The council guy is called and he looks at the high banker and water pump and says nothing!
'Yes Nundle guy put the 'no pumps' sighs up!' This prospector checked with the council.
The police come down and tell him he is not breaking the law but the nundle guy is a nutter and he should stay clear.
Another prospector hearing this story had said after finding out the nundle guy was carrying a gun, that the police should have been pushed to ask the nundle why he has a weapon? Is it loaded and etc.
For there are tough 2nd chance laws where its unsafe to have a weapon around someone else.

I vote we all go down and set up on 'his' river ;)

Reminds me of the time years ago when my brother, Rambling Rude, and I went camping/hunting at Tallarok in the middle of winter.. awoke after a freezing night to find puddles frozen over and the water in the water bottles frozen.. man that was cold. had the lil gas burner on most of the night

cheers, tone

Latest posts