A little bit of Nundle Gold.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That a good start. My scales only start at 0.05 gms and I did not get our Nundle gold to register so it was less than that!

Your wife must be convinced now?

Early retirement here you come.

And your stone looks a lot like what comes from Barrington. That is pink corundum aka sapphire/ruby

I finish night work on Monday and am planning to get up there for a day trip Tuesday if its not snowing so if you or Daniel are available that day PM me and we can organise something.

Cheers Craig

I took another trip to Nundle yesterday meeting up with Daniel at our secret spot :p. After a good hard days digging, here's what I ended up with.

1400824023_more-nundle-gold.jpg

Was a good trip. I got about 10 little specks but trying to get them out of the snuffer bottle I managed to get most of it stuck in the valve looking thing in the nozzle. Is there an easy way to get them out of the snuffer bottle and into one of those little 1/2-1 ounce jar?

1400828819_grnundle.jpg

The one with the white helmet looks like papa smurf with that beard, I like it.
Cheers
Brad

Daniel said:
Was a good trip. I got about 10 little specks but trying to get them out of the snuffer bottle I managed to get most of it stuck in the valve looking thing in the nozzle. Is there an easy way to get them out of the snuffer bottle and into one of those little 1/2-1 ounce jar?

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2408/1400828819_grnundle.jpg

Over a pan, rinse the snuffer bottle out under the kitchen tap, tapping it into the pan should get it all out.

Great to see that pic surface again :lol:

I can get it into a pan but once it's in the pan how do I get it into that tiny jar? That's the hard part!

Daniel said:
I can get it into a pan but once it's in the pan how do I get it into that tiny jar? That's the hard part!

Ah yep, I just fill the little jar up with water (right to the top), then use a dry finger tip to pick up the gold from the pan (push finger tip onto gold), then place finger tip onto jar opening and the gold falls in once it touches the water. Just remember to empty the water from the pan first, otherwise the gold won't stick to your finger tip.

Let me know how you go with it.

Ah thanks Nugget I'll give it a go. I've never tried didn't think I'd get the smaller bits but it's worth a go!

Cheers.

The method above works on the finest of gold, as soon as it touches the water is just falls off into the jar.

When you suck the gold with the snuffer bottle, it goes through the tube that goes 3/4 way to the bottom of the bottle. To empty, you pull that tube out & then empty the content into the vial

Cheers Paul

Yeah I tried all different variations/methods of snuffer to vial but the water comes out and the gold just stays in there.

It's all good thanks everyone! I'll get it down pat soon enough.

Latest posts