A Guide for all Shed Mechanics.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I had this sent to me some time back now, I reckon it fits in well here. :D :D

A Guide for all Shed Mechanics.

Drill press: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal pieces out of your hands so that it smacks you in the chest and flings it across the shed, smashing into the side of your car.

Wire wheel Cleans rust off bolts and then throws them somewhere under the workbench with the speed of light. Also removes fingertips.

Electric hand drill: Normally used for spinning pop-rivets in their holes until you die from old age, or for perforating something behind and beyond the original intended target object.

Pliers: Used to round off bolt heads. Sometimes used in the creation of blood-blisters.

Hacksaw: One of a family of cutting tools built for frustration enhancement.

Vice-grips: Generally used after pliers to completely round off bolt heads.

Oxy-acetylene torch:
Used mostly/entirely for setting various flammable objects in your shed on fire.

Whitworth sockets: Once used for working on older cars, they are now used mainly for impersonating that 9/16 you've been searching for the last 45 minutes.

Table saw: A large stationary power tool commonly used to launch wood projectiles.

Tweezers: A tool for removing wood splinters and wire wheel wires.

Lead light: The home mechanics own tanning booth, it is a good source of vitamin d, 'the sunshine vitamin', which is not otherwise found under cars at night. Health benefits aside, its main purpose is to consume 100 watt light globes at about the same rate as machine gun bullets. More often dark than light, its name is somewhat misleading.

Phillips screwdriver: Normally used to stab the vacuum seals under lids, open old-style paper-and-tin oil cans and splashing oil on your shirt; but can also be used, as the name implies, to strip out Philips screw heads.

Straight screwdriver: A tool for opening paint cans. Sometimes used to convert common slotted screws into non-removable screws.

Pry bar: A tool used to crumple the metal surrounding that clip or bracket you needed to remove in order to replace a 50 cent part.

Hose cutter: A tool used to make hoses too short.

Hammer: Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent to the object we are trying to hit.

Mechanic's knife: Used to open and slice through the contents of cardboard cartons delivered to your front door; works particularly well on contents such as seats, vinyl records, liquids in plastic bottles, collector magazines, refund cheques, and rubber or plastic parts. Especially good for slicing work clothes, but only while in use. It is also useful for removing large chunks of human flesh from the users hands.

F-tool: Any handy tool that you grab and throw across the garage while yelling 'f... It' at the top of your lungs. It is also, most often, the next tool that you will need after a really big hammer.

One important item in the shed is the "Jesus clip". It is usually the most important part of a job being worked on and at the most inopportune time it flicks away to some unknown part of the workshop, perhaps never to be found again. The disappearance of the said item is usually accompanied by a distained cry of Oh Jesus as it disappears into the wilderness. (Apologies to the real Jesus.).

Don't forget the almighty "shifter" it's a one size fits all spanner come hammer come weld slag remover come paint tin lid sealer come chisel come pry bar come spider squasher cigi butt killer nail remover and finally removing tek screws from your shed wall cos your locked your bloody keys in there again! :/
again! :rolleyes:
again! 8.(

dwt said:
Don't forget the almighty "shifter" it's a one size fits all spanner come hammer come weld slag remover come paint tin lid sealer come chisel come pry bar come spider squasher cigi butt killer nail remover and finally removing tek screws from your shed wall cos your locked your bloody keys in there again! :/
again! 8.(

Thats funny.
1457251845_848401191.gif

dwt said:
again! 8.(

LOL

shifter wouldnt help when the missus and I both forgot to bring our keys when we left home for a night out.

:eek: :mad:

so how do we get inside her third floor apartment without keys ?

I am the monkey who had to climb up 3 floors of balconies to get to hers :8 ( with their shonky pisssy aluminium handrails )

good exercise though.

It was a choice of climbing or a $ 400 locksmith :D

HeadsUp said:
dwt said:
again! 8.(

LOL

shifter wouldnt help when the missus and I both forgot to bring our keys when we left home for a night out.

:eek: :mad:

so how do we get inside her third floor apartment without keys ?

I am the monkey who had to climb up 3 floors of balconies to get to hers :8 ( with their shonky pisssy aluminium handrails )

good exercise though.

What wouldn't you do for her???????? :8 :8 :8

And believe it or not,
VBW Tools actually made a left hand or right hand shifter.
Both look the same but have opposite screw threads.
And a different part number.
So when asked to get a left hand shifter, you now
know there actually is one. :D

Tathradj said:
And believe it or not,
And a left handed screwdriver? :8

they also made left and right handed scissors
Tathradj said:
And believe it or not,

dwt said:

good exercise though.

I was working with a locksmith on a Sunday morning and we got a call from a guy in Carlton at about 2AM, he had locked his keys inside his rented house. seeing we had just finished another lockout we decided to do the job, we were passing his front door on the way home. We arrived and quoted him a price of $275.00 which he was ok with. The locksmith was exceptional at his job and after about 15 seconds he had opened the door, he said to just make it $200 as it was easy to pick. The guy then said to him "I'm not paying you that much for 15 seconds work" the mistake he made was to have not entered the front door before saying anything. The locksmith quickly closed the front door with everyone outside. Insert customer expletives here. New negotiation stated $300 with credit card payment prior to starting. He insisted he wasnt going to pay until we pointed out that it was a Sunday night and he had already rung several locksmiths who werent interested in opening his front door. It was the most fun that I had ever had on a lock job. Laughed all the way home. Ken.

Ha ha ha ha...... thank you Ken2m this story put a massive smile on my face.....wish i was there to see that....?????

Yep,
L/Hand Ratchet and R/H Ratchet.
They had a small Palm rest in the Handle.
Have not seen them for years now.
I was waiting for that one. LOL

dwt said:
Tathradj said:
And believe it or not,
And a left handed screwdriver? :8

Latest posts