A few photos from Hong Kong

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Forum,

I just got back this morning from Hong Kong and I thought Id share some of my favourite photos with you!

1552976839_f9b38e53-e8d1-4e6e-8a14-97b2314d1547.jpg

1552976840_0b23b4af-6a1e-4020-95e2-9a05bc51c7ff.jpg

1552976840_3aba6635-c1fb-4047-9120-40754a8d3997.jpg

1552976840_546d2594-492b-44d8-888e-11bc596626be.jpg

1552976840_10b126f9-f436-49d5-b619-20b36b44fe08.jpg

1552976841_9a1ae8e6-a76b-49a8-a8fb-b813f2bde6a2.jpg

1552976841_b4294968-0d16-422d-a10b-3dc9bee24073.jpg

1552976979_3c771988-a309-4e40-af78-b9b9450524ca.jpg

This was my first ever overseas trip, and while I did enjoy it. Hong Kong has some lovely sights. Its made me realise how lucky we are in Australia to live in such a well off, vast country!

Cheers

Nice mate,.... yep we sure are lucky when it comes to having some elbow room. I think we take it for granted... till we go to a place with millions to cope with.
Any reason you chose Hong Kong?

OzzieAu said:
Nice mate,.... yep we sure are lucky when it comes to having some elbow room. I think we take it for granted... till we go to a place with millions to cope with.
Any reason you chose Hong Kong?

There was a deal on flights $400 return, so I thought why not! I didnt see a single house in Hong Kong, everyone lives in apartments! And the crowds! Wow! It was like after footy crowds, everywhere, constantly. Pushing and shoving! Dont get me started on the train during peak hour! Wow! Beautiful country, just abit of a culture shook for a bloke from little old adelaode

goody2shoes said:
Japan is the same when it comes to people...

Goody :)

Ive been lead to believe the Japanese are much more respectful? the people wasnt inherently the shock for me, it was the pushing and shoving! And there was no such thing as an orderly queue! They had no qualms about trying to push in front of you and everyone else haha! I suppose when you live in such a country youve got to be abit ruthless or youll never get anywhere!

The Japanese people are very good people,

Know pushing or shoving,

Very respectful,

At the train station on each platform you hear different kind of birds chirping,

They say it make you feel like your in the country and make you feel relaxed...

A lot of the worker's wear white gloves,

Lots and lots of temples,

7.62marksman said:
i was over there in the early 90s
sure looks better in photo's then it did when i was there :Y: :Y:

Theyre just a few select photos, I was actually very surprised how run down a lot of the older buildings were!

goody2shoes said:
The Japanese people are very good people,

Know pushing or shoving,

Very respectful,

At the train station on each platform you hear different kind of birds chirping,

They say it make you feel like your in the country and make you feel relaxed...

A lot of the worker's wear white gloves,

Lots and lots of temples,

Japan is probably #1 on my list of places to go! Followed by Scandinavia and Canada!

Japan should be on your list for sure...

I have been lucky as I have done a lot of traveling over seas,

And about 14 Cruise's to different place,

Still Lot's of places I wish to go to like Malta,
Etc

But nothing beats coming back to Australia

My partner eldest child just got back from working at one of the ski resorts in Canada..

7.62marksman said:
yes they are very run down
i found the food cooked in the back alleys was better then some of the restaurants and a lot cheaper :) :playful: :playful:

Food was great, there was one little stall that did pork and mushroom siew mai that I went back too like 3 times :D

I was really impressed with their MTR public transport, we used it everyday. Very cheap, few dollars per ride and never waited more than 1 minute for a train!

$ 400 return WOW

Nice photos ...!

Been there a few times , i like it

Car Traffic & human traffic = organised chaos

Good to walk into any convenience store and get a beer

Good shopping in Kowloon

Electronics no duty / tax

Get the ferry over to Stanley cost $2

Trash said:
$ 400 return WOW

Nice photos ...!

Been there a few times , i like it

Car Traffic & human traffic = organised chaos

Good to walk into any convenience store and get a beer

Good shopping in Kowloon

Electronics no duty / tax

Get the ferry over to Stanley cost $2

Yeah mate it was a bloody bargain, the whole holiday was cheap!

Less than $1k for flights, less than $1k for hotel stay for 6 days with breakfast, spent only $1500 shopping/tickets/travel etc
And we went to Disney land, 3 museums, took the tram to the peak, saw the big Buddha, went to the night markets, eat tonnes of food, walk of stars, took the ferry, taxi to and from airport etc

Was a great experience, maybe somewhere abit calmer for my next holiday!

Currently I feel like death, riding the subway everyday and Ive caught the flu I reckon :rolleyes:

Mate, if youve caught the flu from over there then I feel for ya.... its the real mcoy Im telling you. I got a dose last time I went to Singapore and laid me low for 2 weeks. Its practically impossible to avoid catching it if youre packed in a train like sardines.
Hope its not the flu and u can get back to digging soon. :sunny:

OzzieAu said:
Mate, if youve caught the flu from over there then I feel for ya.... its the real mcoy Im telling you. I got a dose last time I went to Singapore and laid me low for 2 weeks. Its practically impossible to avoid catching it if youre packed in a train like sardines.
Hope its not the flu and u can get back to digging soon. :sunny:

God, I hope not... it was my intention all along to use my last day off from work tomorrow to get out for my second hunt with my new nox, thats out the window for now I guess!

I work in a hospital, I go in and out of infectious disease areas everyday, I havent been sick in years, thought my immune system was iron, apparently not!

Latest posts