2013 finds Sa_bogan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like it's going to be a great trip mate, do you know if they have many old coins of value? I'm looking forward to your video and would be grateful if you decide to give the forum a bit of a plug :)

Yeah I can't wait! Not sure what the old ones are worth but they have florins and shillings like we did so there is some silvers to be found. I was thinking of getting a shirt to wear on the videos from the site. Thanks ramjet, I like the crusty, it's almost like unrapping a gift waiting to see what's under the crud

Hi SA_B
Love the posts of your finds with the 705, I purchased 1 when they were on special, just fiddling with setting in the back yard at the moment (too busy with the silly season upon us). Hope to get out and down to some of the beaches in the next couple of weeks.
NZ is a fantastic place although on previous visits I haven't looked at it with 'detector' eyes. you'll have a ball over there.
Cheers Tom

Good finds 'Sa_bogan'. You just can't go wrong with the X-terra series, especially the 705. Light weight, easy to use and a great variety of coils. (Might have to hit Minelab up for the advertising). Sounds like a great trip to NZ is planned! Happy detecting

Teemore said:
Hi SA_B
Love the posts of your finds with the 705, I purchased 1 when they were on special, just fiddling with setting in the back yard at the moment (too busy with the silly season upon us). Hope to get out and down to some of the beaches in the next couple of weeks.
NZ is a fantastic place although on previous visits I haven't looked at it with 'detector' eyes. you'll have a ball over there.
Cheers Tom
Thanks mate, you won't be disappointed with this one. I hope others haven't been put off with recent negativity. Sme advise about the back yard testing would be to look out for pipes, they read in the 40's and if you swing around the target and the signal starts testing longer forget about it. Also you don't really need the sensitivity very high as most things won't be all that deep and will help against the pipes being found. Best place to look is under the clothes line as change and other things will fall out when there hung out to dry.

Cheers scoopa, I agree 100% and the rang of coils is awesome. I have been using the stock coils recently and they work a treat. For the beach I pull out the wot coil as it covers more ground, its a dd and I seem to get more depth. Not sure what you mean about the advertising? And I hope to get some good detecting time in over as I'm going with my girlfriend (who isn't really into it but is cool with me spending a lot of time doing it) ill be taking the go pro with me and hope to get some good finds on video to upload when I'm back

Latest posts