1863 House site

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heavymetal

Luke Atkins
Reaction score
After waiting for months I have finally got permission to detect a house built in 1863. The house is still there and someone lives in it. He finally replied to my message today and said I can go over for a look. I'm totally stoked. Hopefully the rain will hold off tomorrow. Keep ya eyes on this post for the results !! I'm taking both the 5 x 8 and the 9 x 12 coils and I'm gonna grid the whole place. I have only ever done abandoned houses and parks before so I am hoping for something good from this site. Anyone got some tips for me (ie) where to hunt :)

Good luck
Pay attention to the bedroom windows as back in those days they didnt wash their clothes as much and didnt mow the lawns like we do now, so after a long day at work, take your duds off, air them out in an open window, loose change goes flying out of the pockets and the grass is usually longish and soon the coin is snuggled down for a century ready for you to come along....giddyup.
Front and rear stairs are a must and if you can get under the house "if" go there... goood luck.
PS and dont forget some piccies of the finds.
Brad.....

Also keep an eye out for large tree's and detect around them, some of my best finds have come from the base of a tree.

Nothing !! Totally spewin. Couple of buttons and heaps of junk. The whole area had been rotary hoed at some stage and there was a lot of charcoal around the house where they had burnt off rubbish so I just kept getting melted blobs of alloy etc. Bummer. But the owner did tell me of an old bluestone house where Squizzy Taylor hid out so I will be hitting that soon. Oh well that's how it goes sometimes :(

Latest posts