1830 ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlS

Karl
Reaction score
Found last week in sports oval religious medallion and $25.50. It got 1830 date on it and it would be my oldest find so fare. It looks like silver but got no hallmark on it.

1474781629_mary1.jpg

1474781670_mary2.jpg

Karl

I believe that isnt the date it was made, as I have aluminium ones, with the same date.

rocketaroo said:
I believe that isnt the date it was made, as I have aluminium ones, with the same date.

That's why I used question mark after the date. It looks like it was gold plated and it has been in the ground for number of years, but not for hundred years.
Karl

As a boy, I went to Catholic schools, but got out of it OK because I was an ugly kid and a fast runner (apologies to any devout Catholics out there.)

When we were given the medal it was referred to as the immaculate medal, not the miraculous medal, as in the link above and a lot of the Internet stories about it, I had a silver one, which I think I was given in primary school.

This link explains that the formal name is the medal of the immaculate conception, but the popular name refers to the number of miracles ascribed to
It.

Maybe you could try wearing it and seeing whether some fabulous find results!

http://taylormarshall.com/2012/01/why-you-should-wear-miraculous-medal.html

Latest posts