⭐ Gemstone & Mineral Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Colin and Lee,
Would it be possible to put before and after pics of your gems on when you get them back. I don't have any to put on as I think I may have tossed all my fortune after looking at some of pictures. Only been once to GG had a great time but really no idea of what things look like, especially raw. Am going to a local lapidary exhibition this weekend to find hopefully find some answers.
Thanks Donna :)

Hey Donna,

I will absolutely be putting up some before and afters :D . We previously sent some stones to Thailand to get cut and I did some before and afters with them and I have included a link to the thread.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1637

You might also be interested in the below thread as there is a bunch of Sapphire pics here from different forum members

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=921

We will more than likely see you out at GG ;)

Cheers

C&L

Hi all, I have a few stones I would like to get cut,how long from send away to receive back 2/3 weeks or months,

Varts said:
Hi all, I have a few stones I would like to get cut,how long from send away to receive back 2/3 weeks or months,

If you send them to Lamberts work on 6-8 weeks depending on the time of year.

C&L

Colin and Lee
Thanks so much for the links they are great. Yes we will be returning to GG, hopefully not throwing away my fortune !
Donna

Thanks col,they look sweet after cutting!I have a few in my collection,and I have cut two stones,a garnet red 1c,and a party sapphire .6c .With guidance off my dad these 2 stones took me about 10 hours each over 3 days to cut n polish..........I love the natural gems I think that each gemstone are one offs and can recognise each of mine and know where and when they were found.this is probably very common thing on this forum,or Is it just me?

Cheers! ;)

A few more pics for all to enjoy

1383211921_image.jpg

1383211942_image.jpg

:D

You've got a great collection of sapphires there Varts. I'm sure many enjoyable days were spent getting them.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal,yes that is correct,we(me,miss's and the 3 kids /3.5 kids)get about rocklookin as me young bloke calls it,nice times in this beautiful place and a few stones or a bit of gold is a bonus.great vids by the way(you make it look so easy)I am slowly learning more and more and my luck gets a bit better each outing.I find all the blues and the kids seem to see the greens a hole lot more then me... :)

Great to see that the whole family enjoys the hobby Varts. I always say...a family that plays together...stays together. Best of luck when next you're out on the creek.

Cheers Wal.

Wow :eek: :eek: Wow Joe, their beautiful mate.

Well done, this way we can appreciate the beauty of this gems. Again wow :D

Cheers,
"B"

Cheers B, these ones aren't that big about 3ct the biggest one, the sun is hiding behind the clouds so I've put them on a torch.

Thanks George, book that date mate before kids soccer starts :)

Nice work Joe, looks like your little mine is still producing the goods, I hope your leaving some for us to find ;)
Regards
Geoff

Paperboy said:
Nice work Joe, looks like your little mine is still producing the goods, I hope your leaving some for us to find ;)
Regards
Geoff

Sure Geoff, I only ever process 2 or 3 tabs per outing, :) maybe 4 if I'm feeling up to it.

joe said:
Paperboy said:
Regards
Geoff

Sure Geoff, I only ever process 2 or 3 tabs per outing, :) maybe 4 if I'm feeling up to it.
Wow, thats some nice stones for only 2 to 3 tubs worth, your lucky you only live 15 minutes away from GG. Were from Canberra so we usually make a day out of it, the young fella and I are heading up for the day tomorrow.