Back yard test patch.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im thinking of making a test pit / drum out of a large blue drum. Do I ? Layer as to replicate a known area or ? Any ideas. Do I consider various ground. Many drums? Beach/ salt. Soil. I am thinking of inserting pvc pipe at 90 deg X at 100mm spaces( to insert target) filling the drum with whatever. Using this as a testing tool.

Firstly, see if your detector will actually operate in the back yard. The SDC just screams in our yard, just too much EMI. I think you are better off putting the PVC pipe down at about 30

1587177416_tube.jpg

Lay it out on the ground first. You need an outside tube then another marked off in increments indicating the depth. The target will be connected to the end of the movable inner tube.

Yes no hope in suburbia with the QED either, fortunately I have a friend on acres not to far from me so emi shouldnt be an issue. No isolation issues either (I work there) I need some mineralised soil to make it as real life as possible. This is what is my problem. No unnecessary travel. Anybody want to post me a few kilos. Cheers.

Latest posts