Digging tool information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmm instead of spending $37 on diggers that wont have a very long life span maybe you should have got one of these and had something that will last for a hell of a long time. Buy quality stuff the first time and you only have to outlay the cost once.
Price: $49.95
Shipping: $12.00
1361582629_31c.jpg

It was only a review, I was given all the tools, but yes I agree with your statements, I will hope to get some spare cash to buy soon, may be I may win one, you never know. :|

Good to see what others use for digging scraping etc.

Can never have too many tools! (okay, maybe you can :D )

PTP, what's that orange digging/scaraping tool you got there called? It looks serious!

Sorry Goldbuzz, it was PTP(Pete The Prospector)'s tool that had me interested.
Although, I'll keep my eye out @ Bunnings & the likes as quite often they got bits of interest ;)

That True Temper - you use that for digging on ovals & parks & the like?

G'day all,
I was detecting at st kilda beach the other day just with thigh high waders and I was getting heaps of coins even a few half and one pennies which I believe if your finding coins your where the rings should be as well anyway the tide was rising and I had to bail out so my thoughts turned to a wetsuit and snorkeling ,then I started to think what would be an ideal tool for recovering all the goodies ? So I guess if there is anyone on the forum that snorkels and detects I'd love to hear what they recommend, look forward to hear from anyone with some good ideas.
cheers mac.

Let us know exactly where on the beach, after we check it out and confirm that the recovery gear works... We can then advise you 8)

I tend to see gold where the sinkers are...

But like many things, what suits one may not suit another..

However there are a few water people here and some may enlighten all of us.

I was having a look at the reviews on the tools that just got shipped with my AT Pro that arrived today :D (Gator and Garrett tools) and found this video to be quite amusing as well as informative.. Wish one of them had been a Lesche, seems my knife might be cleaner but I have had a few funny looks walking around Sydney parks with a pig knife.

Haha, I have been using this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261283251935?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

which cuts very clean and as well as durability and the metal pommel and grip are very comfortable. Only downside is that I have scratched a few objects and coins (nothing major).

It seems as though the Gator and Garrett diggers may be too blunt and clunky although I haven;t tried them yet. Any experiences/ tips to sharpen or mod with these anyone?

How usefull are having the serrations in the side of the tool compared to having the sides sharp?

Hi rod, in what style of digging are you referring to mate? Detecting, high banking etc :)
have a look a section called "Gold prospection" then look down to" prospecting equipment" there is some info there. I did one on wet gravel shovels not long ago. So when your got a question about that topic, start a new "topic" under that section.

hey mate im starting out detecting i have a small stainless garden digger thinking of sharpening and grinding cutting blades on the sides

Latest posts