Aldi Dirty Water Pump

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,
There is an ALDI dirty water pump coming out on the 13th of August. Any thoughts about this one? For me I was thinking about using at home for a bit of sluice re-circulation, with the hope of it being relatively quiet. The price seems OK

1470428663_aldi_water_pump.jpg

Thanks

Seems like it should do the trick. Head pressure flow rate.
It would cost approx 15 cents per day if it lasted over 12 months if not they are pretty good with returns.
Cheers :)

Thanks Golden. For you others out there that have the catalogue, I bet you have looked at the motorbike ramp wondering if you could use it in your highbanker project!

Sorry off topic again:

Captain Zero said:
Buy them buy the hundreds when on special Jaros just as good as the expensive ones :lol: .

Captn
Yes, i still have a cuppla boxes from 3 yrs ago. I think I had 12 boxes. Great for cleaning the inside of thermos's-boiling water and 2 tabs-works well.
I will get 10 boxes I think. Pisses the missus off but - its saves a lot of money.
Jaros :8

Sorry I'm not sure on that, but I found this with a similar Gardenline pump and it said:

The pump has require universal connection for 1 and 1.1/4 inch male thread hose connection as well as a 1 inch male thread.

Found the similar specs on another site too, but again I don't think it's exactly the same model as these were 750 watt, not 900 watt.

It's a submersible so probably no actual inlet, like a bilge pump you drop the whole thing in the water. Outlet looks to 3/4 at a guess though, I might grab one the fountain pump really struggles with silty water.

bend said:
It's a submersible so probably no actual inlet, like a bilge pump you drop the whole thing in the water. Outlet looks to 3/4 at a guess though, I might grab one the fountain pump really struggles with silty water.

I think that the threaded outlet fitting is 1-1/4", with their plastic adapter able to fit 1" and maybe 3/4".

Rob.

I looked at this pump also and it got the brain ticking.If you were to use it as a recirculating system,how many litres would the tub have to hold to keep up with the flow?

If that pump is anything like the other Gardenline products it will be junk with a worthless warranty. I have dealt with Gardenline with a warranty claim on their hedge trimmer and will never buy another one of their products. There are plenty of reviews online of their products.

l have used a few of these to pump dam water and the grit eventually kills the mechanical seal, l have an old Ajax pump belt driven with a cheap Chinese electric motor. This pump does not have a mechanical seal but the old fashioned stuffing box and was probably 40 years old when l found it in the scrap 20 years ago and will most likely still be pumping long after l am gone. l work in the mining industry and we use plenty of submersibles, there is a shed stacked high with the dead ones that l can use for spare parts.
Steve

Magilla said:
If that pump is anything like the other Gardenline products it will be junk with a worthless warranty.

I have a Gardenline self propelled mower purchased from Aldi about 3 years ago, it was sub $300.
All steel construction with a 4 stroke Briggs & Stratton motor.
A great bit of gear.

a good filter on the suction hose inlet is very important so as not to have a lot of abrasive materals going thru the pump.. if the water has some depth a float tied by wire on the end of the suction hose will keep it off the bottom... :/

Hey guys,

This is the shit-fight that resulted from my attempt at setting up a recirculating sluice with the ALDI pump (The pump is in the red sulo-bin when it is on, but I thought you'd like a pic of the pump connection).

1472872595_20160903_130254_1.jpg

Good things:
1. It fits my 1.5 inch hose connections - soooooooo good!
2. It is powerful.

Bad things:
1. It is POWERFUL!

The flow coming out crushes my little Grub Stake. I have a bigger homemade sluice (which needs a lot of fixing), but I'd like to use it with the Grub Stake. Not only that, it causes an overflow with the receiving tub (which is under the bucket). In other words, way too much water, it overflows the receiving tub.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I can slow the flow down?

Thanks
Brendo

If you restrict the inlet with some shadecloth or even normal cloth it will reduce flow heaps. Otherwise you can reduce the flow with a PVC shut off valve on the outlet and that would give you more control on the flow. Ken.

Edit: tie the shadecloth/cloth on securely with no loose threads.

Thanks Ken, I'll give it a crack. I think I have some old shade cloth under the deck, from which the pic was taken!

Well, I gave it a crack.

Ended up doing 4 layers of shade cloth, still too much flow! Maybe I need 8, but maybe I can try something else?

Here are a couple of pics.

1472876935_wrapped.jpg

1472876985_flow.jpg

Thanks all for your help!

Latest posts