Loaming For Gold in the 21st Century by Robert Fagan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
any reviews from forum members?

1412389150_a5.png

he is/was involved in nugget distribution - see http://www.gold-prospecting-wa.com/gold-nugget-distribution.html which involves Zipfs Law.

Hi Loamer and everey one else,
I bought a copy of this book about 6 months ago and found it well worth reading.
It covers basic prospecting methods used in Loaming.
Loaming techniques with Diagrams (this would make it easyer to understand than in Sam cash's book for some. Sam Cash's 'Loaming for Gold' is also a great read).
Effect of gold particle size on sample sizes
How to Grade maateriel based on Loam samples
Specific gravity calculations and table
For any one who is realy interested in Prospecting I would recomend this book. I can't remember how much I paid for it but i would say $50 would be well worth it if you had an interest in Prospecting and Loaming. I would emagine that most of what is in this book you would already be aware of though Loamer, but I would still get it after reading Sam Cash's book as it basicly covers a slightly more refined technique. Are you going to the Gold Bash next week end? I could bring my copy for you review befor you by your own copy
Hope this helps you and any one else that is interested,
Matt. C

Extremely valued reading for anyone interested in finding gold deposits or new patches for detecting.

How to determine a numerical quantitative assay based directly from pan observations using the formula G=2 x (Y3 x 1000)/sample size in grams.
ie. determine grams per tonne on any deposit you may be working with reproducible accuracy.
(G=gpt, Y=Gold particle size in mm etc)

How to perform a basic qualitative assay on gold purity from nuggets or specimens.

How to determine gold particle sizes you may have in the pan (Y) and what this means for your exploration purposes

Numerical field note data templates you can copy.

A list of basic equipment you will need and method required

Stream sediment and soil sampling techniques based on modern geochemical exploration methods.

Much more.

Many thanks for the reference Loamer, was well worth my money!

Regards ;)

Latest posts