Park hunt today with Aldi detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went out with my mate Hippie to detect a local park with our Aldi detectors. I got $11 in goldies, he got a 7.1g 18k gold ring. Then I told him that now he can afford his own bloody pinpointer instead of hogging mine. :D

1392096794_20140211_151750.jpg

Got to be happy with that gold ring, how did you find the discriminator? Any tips on getting these machines humming?

Hey Wally, yeah mate he was stoked, he's a lucky bugger, he got a 16ct Sapphire too first time I took him out.

They are tricky little detectors but do work well. All metal mode detects deepest, though every signal is the same, just don't run them flat out knock the Sens back a little to reduce false signals. In Disc mode you need to use the Notch/Disc button to set the desired dicrimination. When switching it on it always resets and the Disc is set way way to high to find anything. with the top + arrow key hold it until the top LCD bar is down almost to the other end. Then just test with a few different coins to find a sweet spot you're happy with.

If you set the descrim higher only larger targets like coins will sound, lower and all targets will sound but with a different tone.

High pitched tone will sound quite reliably for pre dec silver coins/jewellery,1 and 2c pieces also grrr.

Mid pitched tone will sound reliably on 1,2 dollar coins, 50 and 20c pieces, gold jewellery, ringpulls and other aluminium bits, some bottle caps.

Low pitched tone is mainly iron and 5 and 10c pieces.

Notch descrim I have not found a use for at all yet.

Happy to catch up for a local park hunt if you're keen and compare settings. Have been leaving plenty of targets that were a bit deep as I don't want to incur the wrath of the local council, anything out of pinpointer/screwdriver range is staying put ATM, hmmm until I get a more reliable discriminating detector.

Hope it helps Wally.

Gotta be happy with that mate, I 'll have to drag mine out of the cupboard once this damn weather cools

Cheer

C&L

Got me a lot keener to do a few more local parks that's for sure. For $100 mate they rock, much better than I thought they'd be.

Wow, great stuff, brilliant value for money, wish I got one whilst in stock!

Heath - Happy to hit a park, just bring your mate, I have a blindfold for him.

My nasty ALDO habit is finding nugget lookalikes and fake rings. Been hanging out to find a gold one I can reshape and add a hand cut gem to.

BigSam - check out the specials area at aldi as there are a few stragglers left out there, saw one marked down to $89 on the weekend, possibly an unopened return.

Yeah same here Wally, gotta be more out there...... a lot of places and a lot of people in our area. Blindfold him and throw a handful of 2 cent pieces around him, will keep him busy while we find some rings. :)

Same as when I took him fishing up at San Crox on the Hastings river, first cast he pulls in a fat 2KG Bream. I just shook my head and muttered something under my breath.

Latest posts