2013 finds cabwoody

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cabwoody

Darren
Reaction score
Hi all.I've been reading a lot of the posts and was amazed at members saying that it is possible to pay off your detector in as little as a few weeks.I was a bit dubious, BUT.....I have had my Ace 250 for 9 days and it just paid for itself this morning.In the last nine days I've found a silver signet ring(which amazingly had my wife's birthstone and initial on it) valued at about $60,a silver ring with a Garnet centre stone and two cubic zirconias valued at about $150 and a watch with a RRP of $175 plus about $15.00 in coins.Mostly beach,but some water-holes.I AM HOOKED!Thanks again for the welcome,tips and tricks.This site is awesome.

I took the family down to Shoalhaven Heads last night and swung the Ace 250 over about 40mtrs of beach and got a nice 5 cent piece and 2 Coke cans so I,m thinking there are a few detectorists in the Shoalhaven area hiting the beaches before me.
Going for nuggets with the ATX might be more profitable when it finally comes.

When I got my first detector (Ace 250) a few weeks ago I was talking to my son's teacher and she told me a teacher aide had lost her engagement ring at the school during an outside activity three or four years ago.A parent at the time had a detector and tried to find it without success.I spoke to the school Principal and got permission to detect the area.I took the Ace 250 and tried for about an hour amongst kindy kids (What is that?What are you doing?Are you a pirate?) and portable play equipment,dug several holes,found junk, but no ring.When I upgraded to my AT Pro a week later I went back for half an hour with similar results (yaayyy you're back,can we watch?Can we help?The pirate's back!).I decided to give it one more go yesterday, later in the day, with no kids or play equipment around.I had scanned a similar sized ring and notched out all but five bars in the target range.I dug a couple of solid signals only to find junk.Then,3/4 of an hour later, with only ten minutes until the kindy closed I decided to dig one last spot that gave a good signal and was close to the area where the ring had been lost.BINGO! Three inches down in rock hard soil was the ring.The school contacted the teacher aide at home and I drove around to her house and re-united the ring with an emotional but very happy owner.AWESOME!!! This hobby is so cool!

Well done on such a great outcome. You've done your fellow pirates proud :)

Great story Cab and very inspirational. Well done and it's acts like these that keep faith in humanity. :)

All the best....Wal.

Great outcome, this is what it's all about, the joys of giving back, just love that :D

Well done on sticking with it and not giving up on the first or second go. Great outcome.

Latest posts