Detects den Fyshwick.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Drove to Fyshwick this morning to buy an Angus McKirk sluice only to find detectaden closed,all stock removed except for a walbanker.Wondering if anyone knows why he has closed down? The lady in the business next door told me he closed last week.wish I had of known in that before driving over.

Bummer!!

Looks like we are not calling into Canberra on the way to Sydney after all!!!!!

:eek:

Eldorado said:
Drove to Fyshwick this morning to buy an Angus McKirk sluice only to find detectaden closed,all stock removed except for a walbanker.Wondering if anyone knows why he has closed down? The lady in the business next door told me he closed last week.wish I had of known in that before driving over.

I heard informally a couple of weeks ago that the owner was moving back to the coast where he'd originally come from (Wollongong maybe?) Whether this is correct and whether he is reopening the shop elsewhere and why there is no announcement on the Detect A Den webpage (http://www.detectaden.com.au/), I have no idea, sorry.

yeh I stopped there Saturday and it was locked up didn't bother getting out of car figured he had just gone prospecting , musta made his fortune and decided to quit . What a bugger have to go to Sydney now :mad: wish he had of advertised he might shut down , I wonder if walnliz can shine some light on this as they deal with them.

Is that where Wal was selling his walbanker? If so maybe pm him and see if he knows.

Cheers

Hi all,

From what I know the owner (Terry) moved the shop back to Batemans Bay, where it was originally from.
Im pretty sure it opened yesterday or even today.

The store number might be this (02) 6280 9114
If not I think they are on Facebook, but I don't do Facebook so I'm not sure.

Gold trooper said:
If not I think they are on Facebook, but I don't do Facebook so I'm not sure.

I don't do Facebook either, but the Facebook link from the Detect A Den webpage just returns this unhelpful message:
1450081766_detectaden_facebook.jpg

Definitely back at Batemans Bay but not sure where - not that it is a big town.

Terry keeps posting wonderful pics of the ocean at dawn and saying how much he enjoys the coast. :)

Detectist said:
Definitely back at Batemans Bay but not sure where - not that it is a big town.

Terry keeps posting wonderful pics of the ocean at dawn and saying how much he enjoys the coast. :)

Looks like the previous outlet on Facebook they had there before they moved out, I was in Batemans bay in October and the previous store was still vacant with all the signage still intact.

Cheers

Barry

Yup back at BBay.....
Terry lives down that way and after a couple of break ins and some hires not returned I don't blame him for going back home....
he still has everything in the BBay shop,,,, some awesome deals on atm with a combo package of gpx + sdc.....
Check him out on facebook

Brutus and me said:
Yup back at BBay.....
Terry lives down that way and after a couple of break ins and some hires not returned I don't blame him for going back home....
he still has everything in the BBay shop,,,, some awesome deals on atm with a combo package of gpx + sdc.....
Check him out on facebook

Yeah can't blame him for moving back to The Bay after the break ins.The Bay is not that far for me to travel,I will get down there one day. Best of luck to Terry.

Latest posts