Ctx Madness

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Finally took the plunge and bought my new treasure hunting detector this morning out at Parramatta Miners Den, well...... I'm thoroughly impressed, it is everything I hoped it would be and some!

Had a quick detect this arvo and bugger me, first target was a phat chunky silver ring with an opal, been over this ground before and seemed to miss it with the aldi, was not expecting such a nice find as the first target. I'm taking it as a good omen of things to come. :D

Few 1c and 2c coins later with a few moderns mixed in and bam 11:43 co-ordinate numbers and I had a Florin, picked up a penny also and about $15 in goldies. Anyway not bad for the first couple of hours with a new toy, can't wait to get out tomorrow with it now.

1437465013_20150721_145740.jpg

1437465013_20150721_172218.jpg

1437465013_20150721_172519.jpg

1437465013_20150721_172740.jpg

Fantastic way to christen the new toy Heatho, what a strange looking ring. :eek:

A florin first go with the Etrac, and the same for the CTX, a sign of things to come. ;)

Bloody ugly ring but.... it's heavy and has a nice bit of opal in it. Could not be happier with the way the CTX runs. Hopefully a good sign mate, cheers.

Congrats Heatho, I am glad you are liking your new machine,

At that Rate you should have found enough to pay for it's self by the weekend, Keep going, Love the Pictures.

John

Thanks fellas, celebrating with a Coopers Red. Will keep posting up finds Rod, it's very similar to the etrac though a little more refined I think regarding recovery speed and depth, the pinpointing is excellent, target ID's are quite stable too.

Sandta said:
Very unusual design indeed... Gastly really :rolleyes:
But a good chunker none the less ;)
Looking forward to future posts

When it first cam out of the ground I thought to myself "geez what a monstrosity", ghastly is a great desciption too Sandta, what a horrible thing to do to a nice opal and a 1/2oz of silver. :D

Caught up with Wally69 this morning for a couple of hours at the park I've been cleaning out hoping he'd get his first Florin but it was not to be, we both scored silver though, a sixpence for me and a threepence for Wally, only mainly deeper targets in this area now as I've really smashed it over the last month or so. We both got a few other pennies and half pennies so it still is producing but just not as much.

1437543217_20150722_143741.jpg

1437543217_20150722_152538.jpg

Awesome little motor lol, that penny has to a 1930 I reckon..... :D Should see if someone will swap you a CTX for it. Don't drink all that JD in one sitting.

Hit a park this arvo for 2 hours that I've smashed with the aldi and etrac and finally coaxed a silver coin out of the ground, I knew there would be some as I've found plenty of penny's there, it's in poor condition which is a pity as it's a relatively low mintage and quite scarce.

Did exactly the same area I've done before just to see what the CTX could clean up from there, was swinging fast and there were none of the errr ummm supposed issues of slowness...... Did not think there would be so many coins left in there. Had already pulled about $100 from the spot.

Now I need a new honey hole, the ones I've been doing are finally running dry.... :(

1437724686_20150724_172532.jpg

1437724686_20150724_174436.jpg

Nice score Heatho - while you did pick up more targets it must have been satisfying you didn't leave any gold jewelry behind with the lesser machines ... I reckon it's more about the detectorist and less about the machine which your example has nicely highlighted ... As you know we have a CTX on the team and occasionally does detect targets out of Sovereign's field of vision but for the most part you just need to walk over it at the "right" angle and I believe moisture content in the sand/soil also plays a part.

Latest posts