A sneak peek at a Rotary Powered WalBanker.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tathradj

Doug
Reaction score
All of us folk's with a banker comes across that damned stuff called clay.
I think I have solved the problem.
I will note that this is my design and in the spirit of all things, I post this with all due respects pertaining to me.
Stay tuned and I will post a video shortly.
The power this has is unreal. There are a few small technical issues that I have to sort but to all those attending Tuena,
You will see it in action.
Doug
Oh, The Worlds First rotary powered Wal Banker

1433062928_from_phone_224.jpg

My mate was holding the hose back a bit from the photo and the unit was supporting itself by it's own upwards force. LOL
That is a solid column of water about 14 inches across and the pulsation is unreal.
I offset one of the spray bars a bit too much so I will make another boss for it with the improvements.
There are 6 bars on it.
I have to also sort out a small ceramic bearing that it can turn on increasing the speed a bit more and drill the holes a bit smaller.

Apart from that I am very happy with the result.
My mate reckoned it would be unreal for washing his car. :lol:
Mk1 version

A small army of samurai smurfs tied onto the hopper with dental floss, would work a treat.

Seriously though, I'll be following this. Nice idea mate :)

Chris

I was hoping to record the sound of the water jets hitting.
Pump motor behind me drowned most of it out.
This prototype works reasonably well with a "Thornado " style pump.
I had too many Kink's in my lay flat.
I also just discovered that I had 2 of the bars facing the wrong way. LOL
Got too excited when I run it for the first time. :D
Oh well, R &D at it's best. :lol:

Tathradj said:
I was hoping to record the sound of the water jets hitting.
Pump motor behind me drowned most of it out.
This prototype works reasonably well with a "Thornado " style pump.
I had too many Kink's in my lay flat.
I also just discovered that I had 2 of the bars facing the wrong way. LOL
Got too excited when I run it for the first time. :D
Oh well, R &D at it's best. :lol:

Having some of the jets/bars facing a different direction may well be a good thing as long as your are getting the rotation that you want from the other arms/jets, as it will direct onto a different surface and therefore perhaps increase the breakdown. Sort of adding to your want to have a wobble effect.

Rob.

Agreed. :)
Yes, Too much speed is not a good thing. Also understand about different vectors.
I am using the spray angle to either slow down or speed up the process.
Each bar has holes at 10mm spacing and there are 6 of them also what you have to watch is the quantity
of water being delivered to operate the sluice effectively and balance the pressure as I want this to be used with a small 1 1/2 pump.
In other words, volume over pressure.
The wobble you see is a bit too much angle on one of the bars. Giving the sluice a little bit of vibration helps to settle the heavies into
the fluid bed but too much will increase the wear factors and in essence, tear things to pieces.
I do have a plan I have made for counter rotating bars but I feel that there would be too many moving parts.
There are a lot of factors involved but so far, so good.

Just seen this. :lol:
Naaah. It does not have that amount of pressure.
At least if I give up on it I would have one of the best spray heads around. :D

Love it!
For a minute there I too thought someone's added a rotary engine to a water pump. Lol 20b pressure washer.
Seriously nice design though, look forward to seeing future evolutions that will make light work of clay ground.
Well done.

THX TGW, I appreciate the comment.
I am going to use a lathe shortly to add that finesse like a thrust bearing plus lower support.
A 20b Rotary water pump would be the ducks nutz mate. LOL
If you could keep the fuel up to it. 8)
Too much pressure and there would be a rather large leak in the bottom of the banker. :lol:

Look forward to it.
Lol it would be the pump to end all, though youd want to have your own oil derrick on hand. Had a 12a rx7 once, used to joke that it needed a second filler cap for the sump.

Tathradj said:
All of us folk's with a banker comes across that damned stuff called clay.
I think I have solved the problem.
I will note that this is my design and in the spirit of all things, I post this with all due respects pertaining to me.
Stay tuned and I will post a video shortly.
The power this has is unreal. There are a few small technical issues that I have to sort but to all those attending Tuena,
You will see it in action.
Doug
Oh, The Worlds First rotary powered Wal Banker

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2436/1433062928_from_phone_224.jpg

What the hell is that thing? Looks like it will lob off your fingers... Are those some kind of blades spinning through the water. Got me thinking of how I can incorporate a garbage disposal into my system... Never seen this type of thing how does it work?

Worlds first mate.
Aussie design. We are good at this sorta thing. LOL
Rotating spray head designed to work at low pressure.
Smashes the crap out of clay and also wash's those pesky muddy rocks off properly.
I am waiting for a set of belts for my mates lathe and then I will cure a few problems it has.
Stay tuned. I have a couple of people who are going to test it out for me.
Oh, I would not use blades in some thing like this or we would have a heap of prospectors with no fingers. LOL
Waste disposal. ??? You got that much junk in your water way's. :eek:

Latest posts