Digital Prospecting Course - New Courses - Taking EOI's

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Fellow Prospectors

I am starting to get the next lot of training courses organised for the upcoming cooler weather here in WA. With the small success of last years course and the learning I took away from it I have changed the formats a little to make it more in depth and specific. I have also picked up a lot of cool tricks and tips as well with the software.

The format is very casual and you will be learning at your own speed, I will make sure you understand it. I will also provide assistance as required after the training. I have had a previous participant call me frustrated that they couldn't update the new tenements. With a few questions we worked out the problem and the issue was all fixed.

There will be two courses -

Course One - Basic introduction of digital resources. 4 Hours
- Topographical Maps
- Geographical Maps
- Geomap
- Geoview
- Google Earth
- Department of Mines
- Geo Survey WA / Minedex / Tengraph

You will be able to plan a trip. Know exactly where you can go regarding tenements and how to set these up easily in all formats.
Basic computer knowledge needed, and you will need your own laptop with a USB drive.

Where - Nth and Sth options available (Just mention preference)
When - Late April early May Saturday afternoon
Time - Approx 1pm - 5pm
Cost - $50 per person
Extra - $20 for USB Drive with all data on it, Maps, Tenements etc...
NB:There will be a USB drive with maps for training available on the day.

You will be sent links in advance to download the software before the lesson.

Course Two - Intermediate Techniques for Digital Mapping
- Geomap In depth look at Geomap and it abilities, setup live GPS mapping using tenements.
- Google Earth - Historical map overlays and imports, exporting maps for GPS and use in the field
- Categorizing your software and resources so you can find information quickly and easily
- Mine reports and data
- Geoview map exports and data references

Designed for someone who has done the Basic Introduction course or has been using this software for some time but only getting standard data from it.

Where - Nth and Sth options available (Just mention preference)
When - Late April early May Saturday afternoon
Time - Approx 1pm - 5pm
Cost - $50 per person
Extra - $20 for USB Drive with all data on it, Maps, Tenements etc...
NB:There will be a USB drive with maps for training available on the day.
May also need your own internet access for use of Geoview (TBA) may look at prepaid for the group.
You will need your own laptop as well.

There will be light refreshments at all training sessions. Even if you have used these before or using something else I am sure I will be able to teach you something new and give you some extra arsenal in your kit bag.

If you can let me know what you may be interested in and I will pencil you in. Once I have venues confirmed I will confirm dates. No obligations but I will only be having small classes so first in best dressed. I look forward to your questions.

Regards

Westaus

Hi Westaus
Training sessions sound very interesting and informative.
Have you given any though to distance training? By that I mean that once fees are paid participant given access to remote learning via the net. It would allow people in other parts of Australia looking at WA on their bucket list to prepare.
Or have I miss-read the post?
Keep up the good work
Cherrs

BOBH said:
Hi Westaus
Training sessions sound very interesting and informative.
Have you given any though to distance training? By that I mean that once fees are paid participant given access to remote learning via the net. It would allow people in other parts of Australia looking at WA on their bucket list to prepare.
Or have I miss-read the post?
Keep up the good work
Cherrs

Bob

I think this could be worked out, I just need to look at how the best way to do it is. As you say once fees are paid, I can post information (Save downloads) and then do an interactive session. It is on the list, but just not at the the top. I will keep this in mind though. Thanks.

Nanjim said:
Westaus,

When and where????

Cheers Nanjim
Jim

Hey Jim

Probably Nth of the river for the first one. Looking at a few venues if you have somewhere suitable please let me know. Be later April at this point.

Cheers

mbasko said:
I reckon an online course would go well. Eastern state people could do it prior to travelling & sort out what they need before heading over.
Have been looking at for an online course as I am currently in SA

Thanks Aussieviking as of yet the online training isn't getting far. What I have been offering is to setup maps in the software listed so you can just load and go so to speak.

That way you have everything there you don't need to so much learn it, just use it! here is the link - https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11545

If you are interested jump in quick because the price and structure is going to change. I also offer a USB version which everyone has taken up for $70 so you can run all the maps off the USB drive.

If you would like to know more or get things started drop me a line.

Take care

Westaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts